Looking to move to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregory

Hello

I found the threads and discussions very informative. I am Singaporean actually thinking of working in France.

Most of the discussions relating to working in France is quite old, so I?m wondering if anyone have any idea how the employment situation is there right now, more specifically in the legal sector (but definitely open to other options if there are any)? And is it still difficult to find a job for someone who speaks very little French?

Cheers

H

harrison

Hello Gregory,

I do hope you enjoy your time with us, I know little of France but if anything like Spain it would help if you spoke French this opens all doors in the employment field.

Good Luck

I

ismael

Hi Gregory,

The French are very much still into themselves, and do not tend to employ foreigners, unless they really have to, and speaking hardly any French, will certainly not help your cause. French employment law, is very protective of the employee, and It is very difficult for a French employer to fire a staff member.
If you are taking a skill that they desperately need, you may stand a chance, but don't hold your breath, Parlez vous Francais? non?
Bon chance! mon ami.
Bye

A

anahidtasha

Hey
I dont have much knowledge of job availabilities in the legal system but I reckon it's possibe to find jobs when speaking little french. I think the big cities are your best bet (like Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Marseille, Lille....) as they'll have more international opportunities.
Hope that helps!
xxx

D

davidhd

If you have good command at your profession with bit of French knowledge, then you might get a good one..

M

MaisonAuCroisic

Employment is hard in France right now, but in the legal sector inside muttinational, you could probably find something

Status
Not open for further replies.