Looking for long term rentals

M

Mamahathaway

Hello, I am new to this forum, so I hope that I am posting this in the correct place. I am here in Portugal with my son and his family. We are looking for two rental houses, at least one of them within 'commuting' distance of Ourique, Alentejo. We would like to rent for at least one year before deciding to buy.
Could anyone advise how to go about researching rentals? Any search just brings up holiday rentals which would be totally unaffordable.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mamahathaway

There are many members on the forum who have been in your situation as well as a number of property letting companies. I am sure you will receive some helpful advice from them when they spot your thread.

Regards,

Mark

M

Mamahathaway

Hi Mamahathaway

There are many members on the forum who have been in your situation as well as a number of property letting companies. I am sure you will receive some helpful advice from them when they spot your thread.

Regards,

Mark
Mark, many thanks for your help already, and for the note about the sticky post! I am hoping that someone here will see my post and be able to assist or suggest other avenues I might explore, (sorry about the pun!) it is quite difficult to find out any info via search engines - I think this problem required real humans
Thank you!
Wendy

B

brenlu

Hi, my advice from experience in another part of Portugal, would be to contact your local Estate Agent or a few of them in your general area, requesting if they have anyone on their books interested in longterm letting. Some of them are already running letting agencies alongside their property sales business. Best of luck!

M

Mamahathaway

No luck yet - but many thanks for your reply, we will take your advice!

M

Mamahathaway

Mark, many thanks for your help already, and for the note about the sticky post! I am hoping that someone here will see my post and be able to assist or suggest other avenues I might explore, (sorry about the pun!) it is quite difficult to find out any info via search engines - I think this problem required real humans
Thank you!
Wendy

Hello again, Mark. I hope I am posting this in the right place for you to see! Can't actually see how to PM you!
I just wanted to say that we have had no luck so far though we are trying on the ground here to let everyone know. Word of mouth is a great tool and people are helpful. However if there is anyone you could suggest we contact we would be more than grateful
Many thanks
Wendy

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wendy

I am sorry that you have not managed to find a property yet - if you give me a few days I will have a chat with some of my colleagues and see what contacts we can come up with for you.

Regards,

Mark

M

Mamahathaway

Hi Wendy

I am sorry that you have not managed to find a property yet - if you give me a few days I will have a chat with some of my colleagues and see what contacts we can come up with for you.

Regards,

Mark
Thank you, mark! much appreciated - and, of course, if we do find a place I will let you know.
Best wishes
Wendy

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wendy,

I was just wondering whether you have had any luck with your pursuit of rental property in Portugal?