Looking for accomadation in El Gouna

• Thread starter queenie40something
  • Start date
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am now out in Sharm on my own from 20th Sept for 2 weeks. I do like to get out and about and spent another trip in June in Luxor, Aswan etc.

I would have liked to go to Alex but maybe too big on my own and now maybe looking at Gouna for a couple of nights. Been in touch with the fab Georgina and she has given me some ideas for hotels, areas etc.

Anyone else got any suggestions etc. I also will need transport from Hurgh airport - so suggestions - normally when Im on my own in Sharm I uuse Medhotels transfers as soo cheap for 1 pax.

Thanks in advance

Georgina

Georgina

I use a Hurghada taxi driver called Marhair Tel. 0102797016. I have known him for six years and a safe driver. He knows El Gouna very well.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Georgina - looking for flights from Sharm to Hurgha and they are coming out at a silly £160 each! so will now look into the fast ferry x

Georgina

Georgina

Thanks Georgina - looking for flights from Sharm to Hurgha and they are coming out at a silly £160 each! so will now look into the fast ferry x
Are you getting the quote in GBP or EGP? When I go onto egyptair.com I say I am in Egypt or use egyptair.com.eg and the price comes up in EGP. I am sure it is much cheaper than clicking on the country as UK?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina - yes I always go into Egypt - mucking about with dates and getting another at 1073le return - still too much though. Maybe because its Ramadan time??

queenie40something

queenie40something

Just found a direct flight Sat and return direct Mon morning for 503le return - now thats more like it!

N

Nasiya

Hi Queenie, hope you are well. Haven’t been on here for a while so haven’t posted, sorry if I have missed you going to El Gouna.

Are you sorted with somewhere to stay yet? I have lots of contacts if you still require accommodation?

Take care x

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi and lovely to hear from you. Thanks for the offer but just booked a hotel last night - staying at Panorama Bungalows and fly over from Sharm 26th Sept for the week end x

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi Alison, I am soooooo...flattered! Flying all the way to Hurghada for my birthday on the 26th September! now we have to meet up!!!

M

M Butler

Hi and lovely to hear from you. Thanks for the offer but just booked a hotel last night - staying at Panorama Bungalows and fly over from Sharm 26th Sept for the week end x
Hi,

You will be staying right across the lagoon from us. Would love to meet up as well.

Margaret.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Margaret - thats fab!! we will prob have a wander on Sat and maybe all meet in Georginas bar Sunday eve???

Anyone know where we can book a cheap / reasonable / not get ripped off boat trip for Sunday??? please xxx

Looking forward to meeting up with George, Pete, Margaret and anyone else that can make it xxxx count down begins xxxxx

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Hi Margaret - thats fab!! we will prob have a wander on Sat and maybe all meet in Georginas bar Sunday eve???

Anyone know where we can book a cheap / reasonable / not get ripped off boat trip for Sunday??? please xxx

Looking forward to meeting up with George, Pete, Margaret and anyone else that can make it xxxx count down begins xxxxx
Hi Queenie
I gues you must go to Mahmia in Giftun Islan

Georgina

Georgina

Dive Connection are based at Panorama Bungalows and you can join the dive boats just for a snorkelling trip. Cost is Euro 18 if you book online or Euro 20 if you book when you arrive plus Euro 5 tax.
The Dive Connection - Dive and Watersport Center - El Gouna - Red Sea, Egypt

There are also small boats in El Gouna that go out just for a couple of hours snorkelling.

Mahmeya Island is a day trip south near Hurghada. It is very, very busy but a lovely island.

Your unlimited use shuttle ticket costs LE20 per week and you can use this on shuttle buses and shuttle boats. This is nice to go around the lagoons of El Gouna. The boats depart on the hour from Downtown Jetty which is a five minute walk from your hotel. You can either go around the lagoons to the Movenpick, Club Med then Steigenberger and back to Downtown or the other route is Downtown to Zeytuna Beach, Rihana Hotel, Sheraton then back to Downtown. Or there are lagoon trips with commentary you can book in your hotel. The shuttle buses are the blue open sided buses that will go past your hotel enroute to Movenpick and Downtown. You change at Downtown to go to the marina. The bus that leaves on the hour in Downtown for the marina also continues past the new marina construction and along Mangroovy Beach. Sometimes it is nice to take these shuttle buses and boats just for the ride and stay on until you return.

Just ask if you would like further information :)