Living In Indonesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andre

Hi everyone,

I?m 19 and currently living in England, but I?m soon moving to Indonesia for a year to teach English. I was wondering if there was anyone who has or who is living in Indonesia that could give me any sort of advice about expat life there? Will it be easy to meet other expats? And will I have any problems being a young female out there?
I have traveled around other parts of Asia so I sort of know what to expect, but any help would be much appreciated.
Good Luck

S

singgihira

i can look for you as you need,
PM me

Regard's
singgih

Barkri12

Barkri12

If you are about to go to Indonesia, then you will be probably amazed to see how much your money can do. It is known that the cost of life in Indonesia is quite low, especially for foreigners and Westerners, who live there and are paid in Euros, dollars or Pounds.

Many expats in Indonesia tend to rent small houses or apartments, whose price is very reasonable. In fact, it is estimated that the average price of an 80m2 apartment in Indonesia is 8 times lower than the average price in a cheap American State. If you combine that with the relatively low cost of local markets and restaurants, you will understand why so many Western expats live a very comfortable life there and why they are able to travel a lot within the country and its beautiful islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.