Living in Egypt

How much does it cost for two to live well in Egypt?

• 300€ or less per month

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 400€ per month

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 500€ per month

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • 600€ or more per month

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
Watson

Watson

next time i pass a pharmacy i will ask.
but im sure ive seen the adverts for them here.
we can every kind of prescribed drug her..without prescription.
including ventolin etc.
As a matter of interest karen lost half her tooth so went to the dentist here.
It cost 400 le to repair the tooth with the white filling(note most of her tooth had gone)
A porcelaine crown will cost 800 le.
A check up would have cost 50 le and a normal amalgum(silver) filling costs 100 le
That seems very reasonable, I have just chipped a front tooth (well half missing) seems be cheaper to get fixed out there than Ireland?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Maybe thats 'cos they save on anasthaetic! They just give you a few puffs on a Sheesha!!!??

J

jeremy bright

Yes, my girfriend fell over and smacked her head while we were there (watch those kerbstones, everyone!) and she went to one of the little private foriegner hospitals. Although it was really nothing serious, she had a doctor, nurse and orderly looking after her in a private room for a whole day.

It only cost EUR50 (and we had insurance in any case).

Finally I will be someplace where I can afford to get ill!

affter all what happend there with her no wonder you are going back on your own

P

propertastic

affter all what happend there with her no wonder you are going back on your own
I could write another book about what happened between me and her over there!

It all started when we checked in at La Perla and found it was rubbish, which started a row within five minutes of arriving which just escalated day by day!

Good thing in hindsight - if we'd have been on speaking terms throughout the whole nine days, I probably would never have had time to do all the research for the book!

P

propertastic

Anyone know what a decent Egyptian monthly salary would be?

I'm referring to a 'C2' - semi-skilled clerical such as a bank clerk or admin/PA/secretary type in the private sector, fully bilingual, educated and with a couple of years' work experience.

A

awahee123

Banned
Ok back to living in Egypt.
Anybody know the complications of starting a business in Hurghada,lets say a nice english bar with sunday roasts hmmmm..LOL...

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

Ok back to living in Egypt.
Anybody know the complications of starting a business in Hurghada,lets say a nice english bar with sunday roasts hmmmm..LOL...

I too am working on opening a couple business's in Hurghada at the moment. I have found one of the most important things is to find a local Egyptian that you can trust. He can work through much of the red tape that foreigners will have to go through just because you are foreign, and greatly reduce the many complications in opening a business. He will be able to negotiate a much better rate on your rent of the unit space, as well as getting your liquor license (if opening a bar). I know of Egyptians lawyers quoting foreigners anywhere from 4000.00 USD to 20,000 USD, just for the liqueur license. In Egypt it is all in who you know. They will also be able to get better prices on everything from finishing work to furniture...etc. In my case I have found that when you find this "right" Egyptian to take care of all these headaches, I am giving this person a small percentage of the business. Therefor they have the incentive to work hard for you, because in the long run they see personal ongoing financial benefits for themselves and there family. I believe if someone goes out of their way to take care of you, they should be taken care of in return. It has always worked for me back home in the business's I have owned, and I am sure it will work well for me in Hurghada. This is just my opinion, and everyone needs to do their own homework to see what works for them.

Good Luck with your English bar!

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi redseavision,

have heard you need an Egyptian partner wether it's true or not i'm not 100 percent.However what you say is right I think you need someone to keep things in order,trust is a major issue in this scenario.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
for Red Sea Vision

Dear Red Sea Vision if you look for some one who lives in EGypt and can help you with lawyers issues and connections to people around please let me know i think may be i can help.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Dear Awahee123
there is no complications in opening such things only paper work and money to finish what you need to do and if you need help to do such thing please let me know what you need and i can check for you i like helping people

Last edited by a moderator:
A

awahee123

Banned
Thanks realestate I will keep you in mind,Wow what a massive signature LOL.

D

deejay

hi , peter your idea of bringing your car here is a good one, but you have to be aware that as an imported car you either pay the price of the value of your car here, which is 10 times the valuer of your car in england. or you bring it in for a small charge but everyyear you have to remove it from thr country for 48hrs or lose it to customs for 6 mths of the year. i myself was thinking of this until i found out the rules. alot cheaper to buy a new one here, then have all the stress of egyptian customs.

P

picaso

Air Con Units

Does anyone know how much air con units are and were to purchase them in Hurghada. Just purchased a property and need to get some fitted.

Jax

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Does anyone know how much air con units are and were to purchase them in Hurghada. Just purchased a property and need to get some fitted.

Jax
HI
All Air con companies in Nasr Road Dahar on the other side of Abu Ashara family markeet if need assistance please pm me i'm living in hurghada
for prices i think the smallest in horses power around 2000 L.E carrier
union air cheaper

P

picaso

Air Con Units

HI
All Air con companies in Nasr Road Dahar on the other side of Abu Ashara family markeet if need assistance please pm me i'm living in hurghada
for prices i think the smallest in horses power around 2000 L.E carrier
union air cheaper
Thanks for your help my husband (Alan) and I will be out there in March/April and may call on you for help if that's ok. I will keep you posted. Also are there any modern furniture shops and electrical shops for the white goods. Hope you don't mind answering my questions.

Kind regards Jax

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
welcome any time

Thanks for your help my husband (Alan) and I will be out there in March/April and may call on you for help if that's ok. I will keep you posted. Also are there any modern furniture shops and electrical shops for the white goods. Hope you don't mind answering my questions.

Kind regards Jax
\
Hi you welcome opm me any time and
yes all the above mentioned is available in hurghada if i can do any further help let me know

G

GM43

Banned
Also are there any modern furniture shops and electrical shops for the white goods.
There is a very nice furniture shop called Areeka Furniture, Sekalla, opposite Sea Gull Hotels and for electronical articles there will be a new shop (with many branches in Cairo),called Radwan el Ogail, situated opposite of the Metro Supermarkets.