ad

Little advice please

C

costa36

Hi , Firstly a little about myself , I'm 36 and brought my first property almost 3 years ago now , Ive since renovated it with an extra bedroom en-suite , I'm looking to get the equity from it which should be around £80,000 to buy a second property , Now with the £80,000 i presume i can use this for deposit ? Do i then still go through the mortgage process based on my income ? Lets say my income is £20,000 profit and they normally 4x this so another £80,000 totaling £160,000 is this right? So i can then start looking for my second property ?

I appreciate your feedback

Thanks

R

realdeals

Is the first property fully paid up? No mortgage or loans against it? Or have you simply mortgaged on the higher value?

Lime Auction House

Lime Auction House

Forum Partner
Hi , Firstly a little about myself , I'm 36 and brought my first property almost 3 years ago now , Ive since renovated it with an extra bedroom en-suite , I'm looking to get the equity from it which should be around £80,000 to buy a second property , Now with the £80,000 i presume i can use this for deposit ? Do i then still go through the mortgage process based on my income ? Lets say my income is £20,000 profit and they normally 4x this so another £80,000 totaling £160,000 is this right? So i can then start looking for my second property ?

I appreciate your feedback

Thanks
That is correct.
However, have you thought about buying several properties with a smaller deposit, with the rest on a Bridge or Mortgage? As long as you have a high yielding investment property, it makes your cash go further.