Lincoln park dubai

S

sal99

hi folks i am new to this site.Recently received demand notice for next instalment of 15% from damac on lincoln park project in Arjan.The project is years behind schedule and the design of the project has substantially changed.Anyone outthere who has invested with damac project in lincoln park wants to join forces and create a pressure group to demand answers from damac with a possibility of full refund on the grounds of unreasonable delay.

C

christosk

Hello Sal.
I can see that this is an old post but we are the same situation. We just received the last email to pay the final installment and now they are asking us if we want to go on with the option of them furbishing and then the flat will be a serviced apartment and in the rent pool. But they havent provided and details of what that mean and what are the limitations. ie what the average rent will be, how it would be rented, what commission will they make and how it affect us in case we want a member of the family to move there (not the owner). Do you have any idea or answers for any of the above?

It would be very helpful

Y

YAP

Lincoln Park, Dubai

Hi Chris

Yes you ask all the obvious questions to Damac unilaterally changing to serviced apartment and demanding us to pay for the expensive furnishings.

I have queried the contractual legitimacy of the change and asked how the serviced apartment concept will work (essentially all your questions). Guess what, they fail to answer these, instead they keep demanding payment in full before they can provide a Handover Certificate. I have paid the outstanding balance but not the furnishing costs until I get satisfactory answers. It seems we may have to form a pressure group and threaten legal action. Shall we start the ball rolling on a pressure group?

C

christosk

So after extensive research I found some information

If you look for the Damac Rent Pool scheme you ll find all the details. Honestly I think its bul**** and the money they ask for furniture is very high, but I can guess that includes the fee to join the rent pool.

We are not going for this option. Also please make sure you check you contract cause it says that includes the refrigerator and some other stuff in the bathrooms that according tò the scheme you by again....... I m pasting below some links to have a look. After you see them let me know what you think.

Download teh brochure from damacs website. In there they have all the details of teh furniture you buy with this ridiculous amo

The forum will not allow me to post links for some reason, so I am pasting the texts fro the websites

Individual investors are being offered an opportunity to gain exposure to Dubai’s booming hotel industry via a ‘rental pool’ programme for luxury serviced apartments, DAMAC Suites & Spa, a subsidiary of regional developer DAMAC Properties, has revealed.

The ‘rental pool’ arrangement is to be applied to apartments within DAMAC Properties first luxury serviced apartment development Burjside Boulevard, situated within the exclusive Burj District.

The programme operates whereby a single investor buys a unit which they transfer into a pool of apartments. The apartment ‘pool’ is then serviced and reservations managed in much the same way as a five-star hotel by DAMAC Suites & Spa.

Senior vice president, DAMAC Properties, Niall Mc Loughlin said: “Dubai’s hotel industry is surging, occupancy rates were the highest in the world in January 2012. There are a lot of individual investors who would like to invest in the hospitality sector, but there are very few avenues for small investors to gain exposure to this segment of the market.”

The ‘rental pool’ will be administered by DAMAC Properties’ hospitality management company, DAMAC Suites & Spa. The company will deliver a bespoke services package as well as manage reservations. All revenue will be pooled, and once costs have been extracted, profit will be distributed accordingly among all participating owners.

McLoughlin added: “This is a way for individuals to invest in Dubai's lucrative hospitality sector. Our ‘rental pool’ offering is a solid investment vehicle, which provides for maximum returns while minimising risk.”

Hotel occupancy soared to 86 per cent in January according to the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, the highest in the world. More importantly, from an investment perspective, average revenue per room for January was the second highest globally, after Paris.
The average room rate in Dubai was just under $272 in January.

Apartment owners are also to have the privilege of reserving an apartment within the complex for any length of time for their own purposes. This will be administered by calculating a slightly lower occupancy rate for that particular owner in the distribution of pooled revenue.

McLoughlin commented: “Burjside Boulevard will be managed as per five-star hotel standards. We expect the occupancy rate for these serviced apartments will be extremely high given the quality of the development and its premium location opposite the Dubai Mall and within close proximity to the Burj Khalifa area.

“We are seeing strong demand from investors who know they are likely to be in Dubai for significant periods of time. This investment model is very appealing to people who want a luxury apartment available when they need it, but would like to make money from it when they are not in Dubai.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Live & Earn:
A Rental Pool Scheme managed by Damac Suites & SPA. Wherein the Buyer wishes
to engage the services of seller to offer, manage, and operate the Buyer’s Unit as a
transient rental hotel unit within the Resort pursuant to the terms and conditions set
forth by an agreement, known as the “Rental Pool”. The Buyer does not intend to
occupy the Unit at all times of the year, and the Buyer desires to engage Damac for
the purpose of renting the Unit, in whole or in part.
3 months advance notification by the buyer
For a minimum period of 6 months
Net amount shall be paid to the buyer after deduction of Management fee

At an ADR(Average Daily Rate) of 1500 for a one bedroom and occupancy of
65% pa (238 days) you can expect a minimum return of approx 17% (after
deducting service fees),if occupancy is higher and rate increases it can go up to
30% as well. If you add CAGR of 5% pa you are still looking at a 22% return.
Basically you can recover the cost of your investment in 4 - 5 years. On a 2 BR
you can expect a minimum of approximately Aed 450,000.00 PA.

-------------------------------------------

From a presentation:

Buy an apartment and use it during the year as part of the “Rental Pool Plan”
‐ Damac Suites & Spa will lease it for you, when you are not using it!
‐ Up to 14 days usage per year during the peak days(main festivities and key activities)
‐ Unlimited usage during the rest of the year

Revenue is calculated:
RENTAL REVENUE during non usage ‐ RENTAL POOL OPERATING EXPENSES
CONTRACT TERM = 12 MONTHS
EXIT NOTICE = 4 MONTHS
---------------------------------------

Hope all these are helpful. We wait to hear from them back as well.
All of the above was found after my research! These ppl didnt provide any details....

Let me know your thoughts

S

SAKUK

Hi Guys

I have received today my notice of completion and handover, would you know how they have calculated penalties for late payment and the credit for late handover. I have two properties and they are asking for an additional 120,000 AED...

Y

YAP

Hi Guys

Thanks Christosk, your research is most useful. Confirms all my suspicions about this being an extra revenue generator for Damac.

I have hit a problem with Damac in challenging the furnishing costs. They claim that it is not optional and we have to pay for it as they have amended the contract to include it (unilaterally without our agreement or even informing us of it - surely this must be illegal even in Dubai). Christost, you say that "we are not going for it", have you had this confirmed by Damac?

Another issue I have is that I bought this unit at the project launch in 2008, but recently (2012 and 2013) Damac offloaded a whole load of these at half the price I paid. They are still marketing these units at considerably less than the price I paid.

I am thinking of creating a pressure group with a view to sue for penalties for late completion and the consequential rental income loss, but more importantly for breach of contract in forcing us to accept these units as a serviced apartment when we bought it as residential units.

K

King_john

Hi Guys,

I also have the same issue with paying for expensive furnishing costs to join a rental pool when I never signed a contract with DAMAC to do that and further have no money to pay for it.

As we do not have a contract commitment with DAMAC then reasonably the options open must be:
(a) For DAMAC to allow us to not join the rental pool and to rent it out ourselves or use it ourselves as per our residential contract
(b) For DAMAC to give a substantial discount on the furnishing package (or provide other benefits like car parking etc)
(c) For DAMAC to transfer us to another residential development that is to a similar high premium standard.

I also have an issue with the significant Service charge which is almost double what they were charging for my residential apartment at Emirates Gardens. This needs to be challenged as well.

My Power of Attorney in Dubai Helen Eaton is looking to take up the matter with DAMAC directly in person as she knows many of the key people there. Hopefully she can resolve this without having to go down the legal route.

If anyone would like to send their details through to me including name, apartment number and contact details I can pass them across to her. The more clients that can be represented as being unsatisfied will mean DAMAC are more likely to listen.

M

midnightblue

Hi all Lincoln Park investors

I have invested in this project. I have waited ages for completion. I got 2kdirhams compo wow! now I have just been hit with a refurb bill that I was not expecting and will struggle to pay! Can some one please advise. I also noticed the service charges are way too high would this be due to the area which seems empty at the moment! maybe Rera can help?? Doubt it....

Last edited:
S

Sanj

Lincoln Park

Hi All, I'm a newby, so please forgive me if I have made a boo boo.

I am an investor in Lincoln Park, and have also been bombarded with emails and photocopies of initial letters for handover and demands for final payments, service charges etc etc.

It is not clear what we are supposed to do and people who answer the phones just say do this and that with out any substance behind their requests.

Just thought I would share my experience as I am also in the UK.

My statement has late fees which I was shocked to see and it was the first time I got to know about it. I have disputed this, by email and I am going round and round. Basically they want me to pay with no justification.

On the contrary I was only given 7 days to pay my final payment, and when you speak to handover team on the phone they are soo laid back, yeh yeh pay when you can! So they can slap further fees!

I noticed they don't go into writing!

DEWA Registration. This is a nightmare from outside UAE, firstly you are told you can do it online. Well what they dont tell you, you need a UAE address and UAE credit card! Just got off the phone and was told to get on a plane and pay it in person! How nice of them!

So you need an account and creditcard in Dubai! Good luck opening one from here!

Another person told me I dont have a meter! no comment!

Just got off the phone to Handover dept, nice lady mentioned just signed the blank forms and send it back to us! Hmm, so they can put what they want on the forms!

Also she let it slip that actual handover of the apartment is not till November. So why are we paying and signing everything now?

I was wandering around the web and managed to find someone had put a few pictures of what a show apartment looks like. Looks ok, but not worth what you are paying for.

Anyone have any ideas of saving what hair I have left?

P

perdesi

Rental Pool Agreement

Has anyone received the rental pool agreement yet? If so, could one of you please email me at my perdesi at hotmail com ?

Also, I read here that a lot of people are talking about cost to furbish the apartment. I never heard of it prior to this forum. I am assuming it applies to only buyers who bought it years ago. I bought it earlier this year and as far as I know it comes furnished and my payments plan doesn't indicate this.

S

Sanj

From my understanding the apartments are not ready till Nov 2014.
They have applied to Dubai Tourism agency for licence.
When they have the licence they will start discussing the rental pool contracts.

I

Inv01

Lincoln park

Hi all I'm new to this forum and am facing the same issues I see posted here. I've been in touch with the handover team and get no feedback other than send me your final payment amounts I've been charged a ridiculous amount of interest which I never saw before in any of my statements nor was I informed these units are now being changed to service type apartments . Frankly speaking this project was halted for many years and we get no concession for that ! I just would like to know if anyone has actually taken title to their unit and what can be done in dealing with this it's extremely frustrating experience!
Thanks

P

perdesi

Does anyone know the status of the property? It has been months since I heard from them and they said then that they were working on getting the hotel license approved. Has anyone gone there physically and seen the property? Has it been completed and looks like in a hotel condition yet? Did anyone receive the rental pool agreement yet?

S

Sanj

Lincoln Park

If anyone is interested you can see a few videos of buildings on Youtube. Search Lincoln Park or POASERVICE. They are a bit old but something.

Anyone got any further updates?

S

Sanj

Lincoln Park

So I have heard the following are being handed over
Building A
Building B
Sheffield

Anyone have an apartment in the above willing to share their experience?

updated 12/01/2015
Someone told me 5 buildings have been erected and Building A, Building B have already started handover, Sheffield is to start handover this month.

I am yet to know what are the other building names.

If anyone know all the names in the names in the development please share.

Last edited:
I

Inv01

Have you received a handover package I know they sent that a while back but it just was regarding the final payment and interest charges
Since then I've received forms to complete re the power authority
I've called their so called handover team countless times and it's useless since no one responds or gets back so if anyone has any idea what the handover process entails or when officially we can get keys please let me know since it's a guessing game
Thanks so much

A

abdullahs

Lincoln Park A Owner

Hi guys, have just taken handover of a studio apartment in Lincoln Park Building A. My God what a fuss Damac makes. Any way have heard there is no Du connection yet. Can anyone confirm this? Also if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me here or (moderated)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sanj

Great News Abdullahs. CONGRATULATIONS. Finally something positive.
I agree, DAMAC says there are meters installed but DEWA say the contrary.
I have so many questions if you don't mind sharing.
How many days/weeks did you have to be in Dubai to take handover?
What documents did you need, which they don't tell you?
Did you take or were you forced to take the furniture package?
Can you share or send any pictures?
Any news on the rental pool agreement?
Did they prepare you title deeds or do you have to wait for them?
Was there lots of snagging to do or was it fine?
Is yours a hotel apartment or just an apartment?
Thank you in advance

S

Sanj

Hi INV01, I am finding the same. No one in the handover dept is speaking to me and now emails are not being answered.

S

Sanj

Hi Abdullahs, Do you know which buildings are ready and which ones they are preparing for handover? I am in WESTSIDE but I have no news.
Thx in advance.