Limited life span of Tower Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fanny

Is this a myth?

I've read on bb's that the combination of high temperatures, and salty deposit substrata can mean that concrete doesn't have the life span that we are accustomed to in temperate, western climes. Consequently it is possible that tower blocks are demolished after 20 - 25 years.

Where's the evidence and can it be backed up with quality civil engineering proof? Having purchased myself in, Dubai, I was hoping for my apartment to be around for a lot more than 20 odd years.

Should I be worried or is it scaremongering?

R

Roshan

Is this a myth?

I've read on bb's that the combination of high temperatures, and salty deposit substrata can mean that concrete doesn't have the life span that we are accustomed to in temperate, western climes. Consequently it is possible that tower blocks are demolished after 20 - 25 years.

Where's the evidence and can it be backed up with quality civil engineering proof? Having purchased myself in, Dubai, I was hoping for my apartment to be around for a lot more than 20 odd years.

Should I be worried or is it scaremongering?
Scare mongering is more like it. Structures should last more than 20 years considering how advanced construction has gone.

In the event of a demolition what happens to the investor. Would he get compensation from the developer and a new space in the re development. Does anyone have any answers to this.

Regards

Roshan

New_Investor

New_Investor

Banned
Scare mongering is more like it. Structures should last more than 20 years considering how advanced construction has gone.

In the event of a demolition what happens to the investor. Would he get compensation from the developer and a new space in the re development. Does anyone have any answers to this.

Regards

Roshan
I think it should show in the contract?!! I think..:confused:
any one has a good answer to this? :rolleyes:

M

mpat

Regards

Roshan

A new space at same height with same size.I think that is the LAW.

I agree that the average life of a building will be around 20 to 30 yrs , technology in construction is undermined by the abrupt changes in climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.