Let's Get This Party Started!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I have looked at prices for october holidays and yet again the prices go up double, but October should be lovely weather, how old your boys.

P

propertastic

Every taxi driver should know where Bulls is, so that's probably everyone's best way of getting there if you don't know exactly where it is (and for those people unlike me who hasn't owned a car for four years and so is used to doing some serious urban hiking!)

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Bull's is the most famous Steak restaurant in Hurghada it is even advertised in the little hand book that is given to you at the airport.
We have had steak there twice and both times fantastic.
Go early in the morning and they have a bakery fresh bread baked every day but goes fast.

N

nuttybird

Every taxi driver should know where Bulls is, so that's probably everyone's best way of getting there if you don't know exactly where it is (and for those people unlike me who hasn't owned a car for four years and so is used to doing some serious urban hiking!)
I"m up for a bit of serious urban hiking! however long it takes,i"m sure ther"ll be loads of stop off points to refresh along the way?!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I need my car in good old cold Britain, but Egypt is diferent, think, walking in the sun slowly hellos coming from all the shops and having to stop and say "hello no thankyou I don't want to buy but have a good day" every 2 minuites. Then the bars half an hour relax time watching the world go by, then off again sun shining no rushing Great times think im there now.

Have a good day xx

P

propertastic

I need my car in good old cold Britain, but Egypt is diferent, think, walking in the sun slowly hellos coming from all the shops and having to stop and say "hello no thankyou I don't want to buy but have a good day" every 2 minuites.
I was going to have some T-shirts made up saying:

MY NAME IS [NAME]

I COME FROM [COUNTRY]

THANK YOU, BUT I DO NOT NEED ANY [PRODUCT] RIGHT NOW.

This would cut the journey time along Sheraton Road down by at least 75%, I reckon

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I was going to have some T-shirts made up saying:

MY NAME IS [NAME]

I COME FROM [COUNTRY]

THANK YOU, BUT I DO NOT NEED ANY [PRODUCT] RIGHT NOW.

This would cut the journey time along Sheraton Road down by at least 75%, I reckon
I learned how to say " I live here" in Arabic. I found it helps a lot. Phonetically it sounds like this " Anna Ishe Henna" It also helps a lot when you are bargaining for a lower price. I was getting many things a lot cheaper when using this phrase. Plus the taxis won't hassle you for more money.

P

propertastic

Thanks ever much for that, Glenn. I had always planned that the first words of Arabic that I would learn would be "I am not a tourist, I live here'.

I picked up an Arabic phrasebook a few days ago but haven't had time to look at it yet. It will be my reading on the plane over.

Anyone know what 'I am not a tourist' is?

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Sorry to late guys and gals have already had our first months meeting at bulls.
Tuesday 22/01/08 Myself ....Mrs propertywatch1...Awhee123...and Westmids33
Great atmosphere fantastic food and a good Craic.

Last edited:
RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

Sorry to late guys and gals have already had our first months meeting at bulls.
Tuesday 22/01/08 Myself ....Mrs propertywatch1...Awhee123...and Westmids33
Great atmosphere fantastic food and a good Craic.
Sounds great! Hopefully you will all be able to make it to the "second" monthly meeting.:)

P

propertastic

So I missed out on the inaugural meeting?

I guess you've all been to the real estate exhibition.

Will one of you make a report on what you found there that you think looks interesting?

I am really sorry that I am arriving too late to have visited it as I would have liked to have seen what was going on there. I hope someone can give the rest of us some details on the highlights.

P

propertastic

I might not get the chance to post again for a few days and so I thought I would bring this up again for those who might have forgotten (shame on you!)

Looks like we should have quite a few people on Thursday if everyone who says they are coming will turn up.

It was nice to see Mr and Mrs PROPERTYWATCH1 briefly. Sorry I had to dash off, but I am three bottles of duty free Smirnoff better off for it!

Looking forward to catching up with you then.

P

propertastic

I am here but feeling very lonely.

I am hoping that I will have some company soon.

Hopefully everyone is just being 'fashionably late'.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Propertastic

Have a few more turned up now, hope they have, I would be there if I was over.

Good excuse for a good chin wag and a Drink.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Ok the first monthly hurghada meeting went down well we even managed to have the first bulls lock in lol.............. The meeting was a great success after several bottles of the hard stuff.
It was great to put faces to names and have a really good informative chat about all things Hurghada.
Ive added a couple of photos to the post but im leaving it up to all of you out there to put a name to a face ... for now.

Attachments

N

nuttybird

Ok the first monthly hurghada meeting went down well we even managed to have the first bulls lock in lol.............. The meeting was a great success after several bottles of the hard stuff.
It was great to put faces to names and have a really good informative chat about all things Hurghada.
Ive added a couple of photos to the post but im leaving it up to all of you out there to put a name to a face ... for now.
Looks and sounds like you all had a great time!
Hope the April meet goes as well,who did you have to bribe for the lock in then?!!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
glad you all had a great time come on from right to left names to faces please,

We will all be there in April and just can't wait.

Hope you all that will be flying home today have a very safe journey.

LETS KEEP THIS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the best
Jayne x

P

propertastic

So the ones I know are from left to right (on the first photo):

Glenn from RedSeaVision, Anna (over to look at properties),me (note stack of cigarette packets),Derek of PropertyWatch1, Peter Mitry, then I was too wasted to remember the names of the next two, Ross who is selling Veranda at Sahl Hasheesh is seated, with Stuart who is selling mortgages (I think) is on the end.

Derek's (much) better half, Karen, took the pictures.