Lawyers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

......can anybody recommend one please. Has nobody used a lawyer for the buying or selling process? We're selling and would really appreciate a recommendation from a forum member along with the amount of fees paid. The only name so far is charging 25000 which seems exhorbitant.

If any seller has sold without the use of a lawyer I'd appreciate their input too.

We've found an excellent agent and I beleive him totally when he says that we don't need a lawyer but we're erring on the side of caution.

Last edited:
L

Lsab

Lawyer found!! Flying from Bahrain to see him on saturday. Headache over :)

eyeC

eyeC

hi Lsab

dont see any need for a lawyer if you buying off plan and the reason developers wont

change a word from their contract

so having a lawyer is waste of money in dubai

if you are buying from secondary market i guess things can be negotiated and therefore a
lawyer can come handy

when some developers change building specifications at a later stage like removing balconies
from plans what can a lawyer do.......i guess nothing and im giving an example for something which happened with a big developer like nakheel

so i guess you need to ask what services will the lawyer provide will it be just reading the contract for you or ??

i also have doubts if they do read the contract to the end and even if they do will they be able to point things out

many questions need to be answered before paying them your hard earned cash

Status
Not open for further replies.