Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Lawyer search

Discussion in 'Bulgaria Property' started by Ghurka, Oct 28, 2008.

  1. Ghurka

    Ghurka New Member


    Can anyone point me to a reliable uk based lawyer? Like many I need some independent advice regarding my contracts. Need to know what my options are before I decide on the purchase.

  2. rabarbaro

    rabarbaro New Member

    Why Uk based ?

    I'm not an expert but I think it's better if you look for a bulgarian english speaking lawyer as if you buy there is their law that should take into consideration...
    If you need one I know a young lady, very very kind and honest, based in Sofia.
    She can give you advice, free of charge, if you then need something more you talk
    about the compensation...
  3. survivalbulgaria

    survivalbulgaria New Member

    You should check your contracts first and then look for a lawyer.

    It is very important with what entity you signed the contract (i.e. company registered in Bulgaria, UK or elsewhere) and under which laws the contract is governed. Once you have this information you can look for a lawyer.

    Bulgarian lawyer will not help you much for matters related to English law and vice versa. A good starting point to search for a lawyers in Bulgaria is
  4. Jain and Chris

    Jain and Chris Senior Member

    Hi Ghurka

    I agree with the other posters, it would be much better to use a Bulgarian lawyer who is fully conversant in English language. Whatever contract you sign, it will no doubt be considered under Bulgarian law, so having a lawyer who is familiar with Bulgarian property law, would be your best option. It doesn't really matter where they are based as long as they are honest and independent of the agent / developer and can speak your own language.

    We have some lawyers writing articles for our magazine site who have penned helpful articles. From my own personal point of view, I have used GPNG law firm myself personally and found them excellent and they are not linked to any agent or developer, so offer independent advice and act for you, the client.

    If you want their details or need anything else, just let us know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page