Lawyer in Fortaleza

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jer

I am looking for a reputable english speaking lawyer in the Fortaleza area. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

V

vindo

I am looking for a reputable english speaking lawyer in the Fortaleza area. Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Try this office campos lubbad. Ask for Mr. lubbad, speaks english, well connected and has been my lawyer for years to my satisfaction.

Jerry

S

Sao P

Hi,
I bought a plot of land in Brazil through a company in the Northeast of Brazil who had appointed me a lawer in Forteleza who looked after all my needs. You can either contact the company as they are very helpfull and supportative or let me know and I can look and find out the lawers details. I hope this is of some help
Samuel
Did you say.....you trusted a lawyer to do your checking / diligence, that was recommended by the company that sold you the land ? This should be common knowledge... NOT ! But also there is another thread started 2 days ago advising not do this. Not only in Brasil... but in any country !!

Anyone reading this.... do not listen to this person. If you follow him / her , you roll the dice and take your chances !

M

Manzanares

You should always to try and use an independent Lawyer - irrespective of the Country in which you are buying. However, there are occasions when a developer or agent will have a number of clients who have used a particular Law firm, or currency company, or furniture supplier etc etc., and if they have received a lot of positive feedback from clients, may recommend a particular firm.

Recommending is very different to sourcing! Even with a recommendation you should carry out your own "due dilligence" on any supplier whether you are buying products or services. And obviously if it is only a recommendation the ultimate decision is that of the client, which is as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.