Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
jongdawson

jongdawson

Hi everyone,

Just to let all know that we have now completed the furnishing of our 3 bed apartment. I have to say that the quality of service, fitting times and above all, the high speed communication from our furnishers has been unbelievably fantastic. As for cost, there have been several offers that we were told that we could not refuse!!!!! Thankfully, we did refuse them and shopped around. We ended up with George Sarby from furnitureinredsea.com We spent a couple of days with George and his partner Mohammed, nothing was too much trouble fro them. The took us to see 7 other jobs that they had done. I am in the home improvement business and know what to look for.......I cannot fault these guys on little bit. They took us to choose our appliances in Hurghada, whilst I was dealing with the shop owner, George was speaking to him in arabic. My immediate thoughts were that he was trying to get the shop owner to add to the prices to give him a cut. We had a trusted Egyptian friend with us who interpreted.......I could not have been more wrong........George and Mohammed were doing battle on my behalf and we ended up kitting out the whole kitchen ( with top brand u.k. spec appliances) for less than £1500.!!!!!! All well and good when you have to pay for them than leave the country!! Nevertheless, George delivered and installed the lot on time without a hitch. It is a daunting prospect to hand over your money to a stranger on a promise when you live 3000 miles away........he could have done a runner............in fact, George and Mohammed are two of the most reliable, honest, decent guys you could wish to deal with. They may get to read this post so I will not say what they charged us. What I will say though is that they are 100% BRILLIANT.

Jon.

jongdawson

jongdawson

Important information.

We recently were told by OUD that there is no cable in the walls in any of the apartments to connect a satellite t.v. I heard this morning that a friend has been asked to pay over £500 sterling to have the work done. (2 tv's) NOT INCLUDING THE TV ITSELF.... OUD seem to be refusing to let any outsiders do this work. Be warned.......if you buy a tv and decoder box, it will not work. We are expected to each have our ow 180cm (6 foot) dish on the roof!!!!

I have e-mailed OUD and stated that I cannot believe that the tv points are on the walls in the apartments.....but no wire to the roof!! Not too bad for us top floor dwellers, but what about first and ground floors......will a wire go up the alleged duct? Time will tell. Hope this is of use.....

D

Deanosparky

Hi all,

I'm out in Las Cabanas for one more week!

If anyone has any questions or photos they want-i'm on line untill tomorrow eve.

I think i've covered most pics and angles and will post when back!

I've sorted out furniture, and will let you all know info when back aswell.

any Q's just ask!

C

chriscross34

Deano/Jon, congratulations on your appts, looking great and i am pleased that things are getting sorted. Its nice to see something finally finished, am waiting for Marsa Alam to be completed so will keep my fingers crossed.

What amenities are on the resort at this stage and entertainment etc? Has anyone any updates re rental management, Brit community out there

Chris, Birmingham

Last edited:
C

chriscross34

Just to correct my earlier post, there is a dedicated website for OUD which include details of Las Cabanas. The good thing is that if u search Oriental Coast in google, the site comes up as the number 1 result, which is great for investors and something ive been harping on about when i was considering first investing in Las Cabanas.

The website is:

ORIENTAL COAST

C

chriscross34

Deano, how are you? thanks for posting the pics, looks great!, is there much to do in the area at the moment? ....apart from avoiding the sharks.....joke

D

Deanosparky

HI Chris,

I'm good thanks-u how's your apartment going?

Funny you say about avoiding sharks- there a dive site called Elphinstone-where you can dive with oceanic white tips - without a cage!

There's trips you can do- diving and snorkelling, Al Quesier, is about 30 mins away that the nearest city.

Glad mine's all completed , but as you can see there's still some way to get the 1st phase-Las Cabs to completion- i've been told that they paln to complete Las Cabs end of 2012.

As You can see they have started on other areas of the project.

Geir

Geir

Status Las Cabanas end off desember 2010.

Hi!

Happy new year to all. Heres two videos from the buildings off the blocks at las Cabanas. Just copy the http adress and you can see for yourself how it looks so far.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l__lmPWoFag]YouTube - Las Cabanas, Egypt, desember 2010, part 1 2011 01 04 14 36 09[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjTsCewqw8]YouTube - Las Cabanas, Egypt, desember 2010, part 2 2011 01 04 14 53 37[/ame]

Regards Geir.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Well done Geir. Excellent camera work.

Amazing how much confidence it builds when owners see progress.

Regards.
Alan.

Geir

Geir

Well done Geir. Excellent camera work.

Amazing how much confidence it builds when owners see progress.

Regards.
Alan.
Thanks Alan;-)

The next we have to deal with is their maintence fee. They want us to pay it now but those off us who was there at Christams 2010 agreed we would not pay before theres grass there, the pathway is finished, the road is finished, the lightning along the road and last but not least - the garbageproblem. Nothing is "up and running" so why pay? Mr. Bassem says there will be a system for handeling the garbage soon. But they said so with the grass also in July 2010. But theres no grass yet.

Regard Geir

Status
Not open for further replies.