Las cabanas

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chriscross34

Hi Ira, as Dean says, ive seen a block in red which doesnt look as appealing. Do u know if blocks 12 and 13 will be in cream ? ie the external masonery

E

Ery

Hi Chris. I think your wish about cream colour is fulfilled:)
On the page 4 of this thread you can find pictures. The last one it is one of the buildings.
Those that are red it is hotel's parts or villas.

D

Deanosparky

I have spoken to the developer today. They phoned me this morning.
He has said that the deveopment is behind schedule and my apartment will not be completed untill at least 8 months time. Personally I think it will probably not be ready untill this time next year.
Personally I do not have a problem with this. This is building in Egypt after all!! I am going to keep in contact with them to see how the deveopment progresses.
Any questions just ask!!

C

chriscross34

Hi Dean, that is quite a substantial delay based on what you had thought. I would certainly insist that there is provision for compensation. If this has not been agreed as part of the contract, you may want to consider taking this up with the developer. i suppose as a minimum, what would your £19k have earned in an egyptian bank account? Some developers pay a modest daily amount for every day overrun, which might be 10 - 15 euros a day.

Chris

Last edited:
A

Alan01

I work for a company called Property Matters Overseas, and we sell properties at Las Cabanas , as well as elsewhere in Egypt.

I can confirm that the photos that have been seen of Las Cabanas - showing the apartment building as an ochre colour - are of Block 1, which incorporates Buildings 1 and 2, but they are out of date as the colour has been changed to a light sand.

When I visited the site last April I felt that the development looked a bit too dark and uninviting. I also felt that when the buildings had sand on them they would look a bit unkempt. I suggested the change in colour and the Developer obliged.

I also suggested some alterations to the design of subseqent buildings - for example, many of the apartments in Block 1 do not have balconies, which I felt would be unacceptable to the british market. So if you look at the design of Blocks 2, 12 and 13 (the next Blocks that were released for sale) you will see a big difference. There are lots of floorplans and info on our site: Property Buying & Investing Abroad - Property Matters Overseas

Just to show how obliging the Developer is, one of our clients came up with a great idea - that the bedrooms could have "Juliet" balconies off them. I suggested it to the Developer and they have incorporated that into the design of the other Blocks!

There are a lot of current photos (internal and external) in the photo gallery that can be accessed from the Las Cabanas page of our website, but I will try and upload some examples to this Forum.

I'm happy to answer any questions that people have on Las Cabanas - either via PM or on the Forum.

Cheers

Alan

Property Buying & Investing Abroad - Property Matters Overseas
[email protected]

C

chriscross34

Hi Alan, i agree about the colour, ochre is much better than dark red!!

D

Deanosparky

Hi Alan,
its good to have an source of info.
When you said about incorporating juilet balconies on other blocks did you mean blocks 2,12,and 13, because on my drawing it shows a balcony off of the living room.
Will there now be a balcony off of the bedroom aswell?

A

Alan01

They have incorporate juliet balconies into the new designs for future Blocks.

Blocks 2, 12 and 13 will have terraces and balconies off the living rooms that were missing from many of the apartments in Block 1 - as you will notice from the images of Block 1 you have seen.

Best wishes

Alan

C

chriscross34

Alan, does this include that last studio in block 12?

D

Deanosparky

Thats a shame i was hoping that they would add it to these apartments aswell considering they are not even built yet.

Do you think i'm entitled to any compensatoin due to the extensive delay of handover?

A

Alan01

Hi Chris and Deano, I'm sure the change with regard to the juliet balconies were too late to be incorporated into the agreed plans for Blocks 12 and 13, but will speak to the Developer today to double check. But what we are talking about are juliet balconies - ornamental railings across the outside of the bedroom windows allowing you to open up the window and stop you falling out! You will get the usable terrace/balcony as per the apartment floorplans.

With regard to compensation, all our clients are paying over 24 months, and so are not scheduled to get their keys before that. Although they have the option of paying their balance early and getting the keys on completion. Consequently, the delay in completion of Block 12 - originally expected Spring 2009, but now likely early 2010 - is not a factor for them. The likelyhood of compensation depends upon what is included in your contract, so you'd need to speak to your Agent and Lawyer.

Cheers

Alan

E

Ery

Hi every one! I have a pictures of Landscape in Las Cabanas from the developer. If any body need right me. It gives more inf about what can we expect more from this Project.

D

Deanosparky

Hi every one! I have a pictures of Landscape in Las Cabanas from the developer. If any body need right me. It gives more inf about what can we expect more from this Project.
Hi Ery, could you send it to me please. I think I already have something like it already, but any info is good thanks.

[email protected]

I've had an email from the developer stating that they are going to do there best to solve the problem with the delay of the build. WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Geir

Geir

delays block 12 and 13

Hi!

Im very surprised to read that there could be delays for almost a year in this project!
Why havent we got any messages about this from the developer?
Not even our contact in Sharm El Sheikh has told us anything about this.

Are there many at this forum who has bought at Las Cabanas? And who knows abouth this?

Its just a month and a half again according to the contract till finishing of the block. So at least the developer should have informed us about this. Not very impressive i think.

Regards Geir Moen.

C

chriscross34

Hi Alan, do you have any comments regarding delays to this development? thanks Chris

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Alan Cockayne of Coralife-Style

Hi Alan, do you have any comments regarding delays to this development? thanks Chris
I know there are setbacks and delays in many resorts and developments. Cash-flow, management changes, Egyptian festivities, Xmas vacations and loads more excuses, but the credit crunch did most damage.

I have the final few units available (still at the last year price) for Las Cabanas if any of you need to reserve one. It was a successful marketing programme with many happy buyers.
I see some bargains coming out of this delay. One has to keep tuned in and try not to be in a rush.....
This is Africa.

Cheers Chris.

C

chriscross34

Hi, would love to hear from other investors on the Las Cabanas resort as i have reserved the only studio left assuming my finances are still in place

PS Have already invested in the Marsa Alam resort too

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Alan Cockayne of Coralife-Style

Hi, would love to hear from other investors on the Las Cabanas resort as i have reserved the only studio left assuming my finances are still in place

PS Have already invested in the Marsa Alam resort too
Marsa Alam has some good times ahead. For investors, developers and for business opportunities. Las Cabanas has only a few one bedroom apartments left. The larger 2 & 3 bed. units are really low priced for their sizes.

Did you buy on the Marsa Alam Beach Resort development? This looks one of the best locations and value for money. I have lots of interest for that project.

Regards.
Alan

C

chriscross34

hi Alan, yes ive invested in the Marsa Alam Beach resort. I invested there first but have provisionally agreed finances for the studio at Las Cabanas.

I think Marsa Alam sounds like it is going to be an exciting place over the next few years

Chris

M

MrSkipsey

Deano, did you hear any more information about your apratment?

Does anyone know the status of the development? Is it still 'behind' schedule or is everyone happy with its progress?

Are there any new update pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.