Landlocked property advice



New Member
Hello everyone, I’m looking to buy a repossessed terraced property which seems to be landlocked, the title has been split way before the mortgage was taken out and the 1 sqm at the front of the property is owned without a mortgage by the same person who took a mortgage on the house...

We’ve been through 2 different solicitors who advised us not to purchase that but I feel like there should be a way here to either 1) get rights on title at the front of the property or at the very least 2) get an absence of easement indemnity policy so we are covered for any future disputes that may arise... I was thinking maybe someone can recommend some property law experts that could help with this maybe?

Thank you in advance!


Active Member
The owner @Nicholas Wallwork might be able to help or at least point you in the right direction. He should hopefully see this message, if not you can always send him a direct message.