Land V Off plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Berente

I would like to share some thoughts and get your opinions on buying land and or property in Brazil
LAND-
fixed buying price
no taxes to pay (except minimal beach tax to the Navy)
Clear title
no maintenance
easily sellable to both local and foreign investors/developers
Capital gains tax 15%

OFF PLAN
unknown final cost due to flexible buying price ( building costs)
financial strength of developer?
builders guarantee?
taxes?
maintenance and service charges
rental income ?
resale potential?

D

deedee1

:)Hi,

Depends on your budget???

But for a shrewd investor who can afford to take a risk I would buy a big beachfront plot of land ahng onto it for a few years and sell onto a developer for a big profit with or without planning consent!!

Although with planning consent will ensure that you get a massive ROI- and you should be laughing!

But when choosing ensure the land is close to all ammenities necessary i.e airport, shops restaurants etc and not in the middle of nowhere!!

Take care-D

B

beenthere

I would like to share some thoughts and get your opinions on buying land and or property in Brazil
LAND-
fixed buying price
no taxes to pay (except minimal beach tax to the Navy)
Clear title
no maintenance
easily sellable to both local and foreign investors/developers
Capital gains tax 15%

OFF PLAN
unknown final cost due to flexible buying price ( building costs)
financial strength of developer?
builders guarantee?
taxes?
maintenance and service charges
rental income ?
resale potential?
Since when do off-plans have flexible pricing?

G

Golfingworld

When the exchange rate moves up or down or when the developer decides to swithc the currency he operates in. Or, when he re-writes his rules as the previous ones are no longer beneficial for him!

B

beenthere

When the exchange rate moves up or down or when the developer decides to swithc the currency he operates in. Or, when he re-writes his rules as the previous ones are no longer beneficial for him!
YAWN .... yes the currency may move against you, it also may move in your favour. Since the country is pretty stable it won't move by much.

As for the rest, get a lawyer to do due diligence and deal with a reputable developer. The contract can't be changed once it has been signed.

How did due diligence go with your PN hooker st. pad .... or didn't you bother?

G

Golfingworld

Oh it was easy...I asked what I was going to get for my money, we agreed on a price and did the business!

B

Berente

YAWN .... yes the currency may move against you, it also may move in your favour. Since the country is pretty stable it won't move by much.

As for the rest, get a lawyer to do due diligence and deal with a reputable developer. The contract can't be changed once it has been signed.

Sterling has lost 9% against the Real in the last 6 months.
INCC has increased dramatically by .41% (period September 21-30)
Previous period was only .13% increase

G

Golfingworld

Berente, another saviour appears..well spotted on the Reis!
Mr Broad, don't worry I did my "due diligence", when I was a lad it was called "Conveyancing".
BT, you don't have to go to Ponta Negra to find hookers or Marbella for that matter, but a concentration does signify a throughput of punters as is the case in Pto Banus and a through put of punters means busy and busy means money and money means demand and demand means "capital growth". Not everyone's cup of tea but turnover.

D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

Agree with certain aspects of the whole hookers thing!!

But on the flip side it can also devalue an area and potentially cause alot of re-sale problems!!

Take care-D

B

beenthere

Berente, another saviour appears..well spotted on the Reis!
Mr Broad, don't worry I did my "due diligence", when I was a lad it was called "Conveyancing".
BT, you don't have to go to Ponta Negra to find hookers or Marbella for that matter, but a concentration does signify a throughput of punters as is the case in Pto Banus and a through put of punters means busy and busy means money and money means demand and demand means "capital growth". Not everyone's cup of tea but turnover.
Unfortunately for you it means you bought in a red light area, it isn't where tourists stay and it is also not the place where the locals like to live, so good luck with rentals and CG :D

G

Golfingworld

Yes right up the street from those two giant offplan apartment blocks advertised by agents on this site.....maybe you'd like to fill them in with your knowledge on the area so they can update their websites?

D

deedee1

Hi all,

I can only imagine what type of people would buy in these kinds of areas i.e people with previous convictions or are listed on certain registers in the uk!
I definately wouldnt take my children there either!!

I mean isnt it the same reason that alot of single men travel to thailand??

I mean I wouldnt buy in kings croos or the redlight soho district!

At least some resorts will have class!!

Take care-D :)

G

Golfingworld

Dee Dee, BT has done a great little "slur" here ....been to Ipanema, Copacabana or Buzios (where he allegedly lives) recently? Let's just say the area is no different to Puerto Banus, bars, restaurants, discos and I've seen plenty of adults and children walking up and down the street there! I've also seen other types late at night...a bit like in Oxford Street..........
Note the "leafy" residential area as is described by the giant offplan apartments nearby! Do they describe it as an area where they shouldn't take their children to..maybe they should, doesn't worry me.

Attachments

B

beenthere

Dee Dee, BT has done a great little "slur" here ....been to Ipanema, Copacabana or Buzios (where he allegedly lives) recently? Let's just say the area is no different to Puerto Banus, bars, restaurants, discos and I've seen plenty of adults and children walking up and down the street there! I've also seen other types late at night...a bit like in Oxford Street..........
Note the "leafy" residential area as is described by the giant offplan apartments nearby! Do they describe it as an area where they shouldn't take their children to..maybe they should, doesn't worry me.
Not sure you have been to Ipanema, Copacabana or Buzios recently by the sounds of it. I won't deny that there are hookers hanging around Copacabana, but Buzios and Ipanema, I don't think so.

P

PAUL-brasil

Unfortunately for you it means you bought in a red light area, it isn't where tourists stay and it is also not the place where the locals like to live, so good luck with rentals and CG :D
Well I m afraid anyway in Brazil, also in any poorer countries where they is high foreign tourism then there is going to be prosistutes there, So if these Off plans area s turn into really popular foreign tourist areas in say 5years time like we being led to believe then they will be many there too i guess.
Also from what i can tell, I know the area where Golf has bought and it is a popular area where wealthly Brazilians live.

Last edited:
G

Golfingworld

Paul, thanks for your support, in gratitude I've just diverted another flight full of Brits from Fortaleza to Natal, they can eat at my hot dog stand!

P

PAUL-brasil

Paul, thanks for your support, in gratitude I've just diverted another flight full of Brits from Fortaleza to Natal, they can eat at my hot dog stand!
Ha Ha cheers mate, keep doing that for me will you!

P

PAUL-brasil

:)Hi,

Depends on your budget???

But for a shrewd investor who can afford to take a risk I would buy a big beachfront plot of land ahng onto it for a few years and sell onto a developer for a big profit with or without planning consent!!

Although with planning consent will ensure that you get a massive ROI- and you should be laughing!
Hello Deedee
I agree with your statement but only to a extent and if you were buying a large area or lucky enough to sell to someone who wants to build his house there as remember theres alot of coast land there in Brazil, so small land areas you would be taking a big risk as now its getting common that developers generally buy very large unowned land from the council, they would buy alot more land than they need because the more quanity they buy the cheaper the per M2 is. The developer would then sell the land it does not need in small sections at a very high profit to people who want to build a property there for them selfs, if he can to normally pays for the land he actually needs. For example you can buy 1KM2 for £15/M2 or you could buy 20KM2 for £3/M2

J

Janoulaki

You can always fix a rate

Hi there

re: currency move against your favour.

You can always fix the currency rate as soon as you agreed to make 10 payments in the req. currency.

Visit

Smart Currency Exchange : Smart Free Report

for further help

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.