Land Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lsab

Our keys were ready to be picked up in March though we only managed to collect them last week. (Greece K7). The agent has informed us that our building owner has not yet registered the individual titles in the land department so we are unable to sell as we want to. He says that this could take up to 2 more months :eek:

Can anybody tell me how long this process has taken for them in any IC sector but especially those more recently handed over?

How can I find out if it has/has not been done yet?

Can I speed it up?

Thanks.

Last edited:
A

azuhbi

Our keys were ready to be picked up in March though we only managed to collect them last week. (Greece K7). The agent has informed us that our building owner has not yet registered the individual titles in the land department so we are unable to sell as we want to. He says that this could take up to 2 more months :eek:

Can anybody tell me how long this process has taken for them in any IC sector but especially those more recently handed over?

How can I find out if it has/has not been done yet?

Can I speed it up?

Thanks.
I have an apartment in Spain Cluster and I have been told the same thing! I picked up my keys in January this year and still dont have the title?! My agent has told me that it will take upto 4 months?!

If anyone else has this issue, please share...Does anyone know the real story?

Because I too, cannot sell the apartment unless its registered.

Worried,:(:confused:

G

georgihh

I don’t think many people have the title deed.
I have my flat since last year and still nothing.
Unfortunately something fishy is happening,
Last I heard they will try to increase the service charges by 60 %.
Make sure you have another 20000.00 DHS to exercise the new pleasure

L

Lsab

Where did you buy your flat georgihh?

And you say 'since last year' - when last year, how long ago?

Thanks

Last edited:
G

gtmash

I got my keys to Persia in Feb '07. No deed yet. Do not believe the agent's guesstimates. There is nothing ever firm with Nakheel.

Unfortunately for you, the new rule is you cannot sell your place without a land reg, and funnily enough, we don't have one.

L

Lsab

No agent has yet told me that you cannot sell without registration. The MOU apparently gets around it. One agent has told me that the new law makes it easier and several have said that though difficult, it's not impossible. :confused:

B

blueshift

No agent has yet told me that you cannot sell without registration. The MOU apparently gets around it. One agent has told me that the new law makes it easier and several have said that though difficult, it's not impossible. :confused:
If the buyer needs to finance the property it is impossible without a land title.

If you find a buyer with all the cash ready, you can sign a MOU, they can give you the cash, you can give them the keys, but obviously they won't get a land title.

L

Lsab

If the buyer needs to finance the property it is impossible without a land title.

If you find a buyer with all the cash ready, you can sign a MOU, they can give you the cash, you can give them the keys, but obviously they won't get a land title.
It's a while since I wrote that post. Over the summer and with the services of an excellent agent, we sold our property with an MOU and POA. We got a price that was more than we'd expected though if we'd waited just one more week to transfer the dirhams to our sterling account we'd have had several thousand pounds more due to the exchange rate.

H

Howsbuya

land registry

It's a while since I wrote that post. Over the summer and with the services of an excellent agent, we sold our property with an MOU and POA. We got a price that was more than we'd expected though if we'd waited just one more week to transfer the dirhams to our sterling account we'd have had several thousand pounds more due to the exchange rate.
Hi All
I've had my 1 bedroom in Greece since Jan 2008 and am still waiting to hear that the registration is done. The agent tells me within a couple of months it will be completed. I tried phoning the Land Regustry no. but there's never a reply - just a recorded message saying nobody is there.
Well done Lsab! Do you mind telling us the price you sold for - it would give us an idea of the properties' current value. I've been told 750 Dhs for a 1 bed and 520 Dhs for a sudio. Was it easy to find a buyer?
Best wishes
HB

L

Lsab

It was fairly easy to find a buyer - we had two in the end - but Greece at the time wasn't the easiest cluster to sell. After all fees etc we recieved 440,000 so prices have gone up very nicely since haven't they? We made the sale in July.

We'd have preferred to refinance to buy our next couple of properties but as it wasn't possible, we had to sell.

C

charlieMc

Has anybody received their title deeds in International City yet? and how long does it take from the time the building owner submits the documents to Nakhhel until you actually receive the title deeds?

Also if selling without title deeds i.e. MOU, does it decrease the sale price by much?

S

sumair

m stuck with the same problem bought an apt in england .... was told a lotta bull**** by the agent but now i cant sell if since i dun have the title ..... help what sud i do ????thanks

B

blueshift

Has anybody received their title deeds in International City yet? and how long does it take from the time the building owner submits the documents to Nakhhel until you actually receive the title deeds?

Also if selling without title deeds i.e. MOU, does it decrease the sale price by much?
It doesn't seem to affect the asking price, but it makes it harder to find a buyer because you need to find someone with the lump sum of cash available. There are some buildings in international city which can't be financed - but people still ask for the same price when they try to sell them.

L

Lsab

m stuck with the same problem bought an apt in england .... was told a lotta bull**** by the agent but now i cant sell if since i dun have the title ..... help what sud i do ????thanks
We sold our apartment in Greece without title. The agent sorted it all out and took commission from the buyer so we didn't lose a penny.

B

blueshift

Your options are:

1. Sell to someone who can afford to pay all cash.
2. Rent it out till you get a land title.
3. Find someone who wants to buy the property and rent it to them untill the land title comes through.

I'm trying to buy a property in IC, but I'm renting it untill the owners title comes through and I can get finance.

S

sumair

title problem

We sold our apartment in Greece without title. The agent sorted it all out and took commission from the buyer so we didn't lose a penny.

lsab when did u sell it n for how much ... cud u plz gimme the contact info of ur agent

thanks

L

Lsab

lsab when did u sell it n for how much ... cud u plz gimme the contact info of ur agent

thanks

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. We sold in August through Live Dubai. They have offices in Dubai and London and we used the latter. Nadine was our agent and was extremely helpful...I can't recommend her highly enough.

London office: Tel: +44 (0)20 8849 8002

Dubai office: Tel: +971 4 407 0717

If you want their address please PM me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.