Land Access In Morocco - legal help

V

Villas Laarousse

Hi,

I would appreciate some advise on a problem that has recently arisen. I have a villa which was built several years ago near Marrakech. There are 2 hectares of land which used to be agricultural but has since been granted non agricultural status. The neighbour has just decided to block the road preventing me from accessing the villa.

Having checked with the local registry it seems that the access was previously part of a larger set of land and now that it has been split there is no clear right in my title. This is obviously a big concern - I thought this had been covered when I first bought the land and I'm still surprised the notaire didn't make sure this was covered when I bought the land.

At the same time, I didn't think it was possible for neighbours to isolate a piece of land - I've done some research on french law and everyone has a right to gain access to their land.

Can anyone help me on my legal position? Should I push the original notaire for negligence, reason with the neighbour or just take up a legal position to demand access? If anyone has legal experience in this area I'd be happy to take the question offline but I just don't know who has experience in this area. I would prefer to take a legal position just to get clear rights.
Thanks
Adam

M

M2Morocco

You will have to come to an agreement with whoever's land you need to cross to access your property - you might even have to pay for the priviledge!

I would start by going back to the notaire who did the original transaction to ask for their advice.