Lagoa do Coehlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mambo

Hi all,

My name is Raymon. I am based on the Costa del Sol/Gibraltar and am a real estate agent who works with private clients by word of mouth. A few months ago, I was visited by representatives of Grupo Nicolas Mateo (GNM) who are the developers for the Lagoa do Coehlo Resort. One of my customers was interested in a bulk purchase in the resort and flew down to have a look at the lay of the land coming back very impressed. In the meantime, due to my native English, GNM have become interested in collaborating with me to sell this and develop other projects with them. I am interested in the challenge and extra stability in terms of income this would supply as I would still have freedom to pursue my own sales.

I would be interested to know if any of you have had dealings with GNM and what your thoughts were, as well as impressions on their sales tactics/team before I take the plunge. I am meeting them to discuss options in about 10 to 14 days time. GNM are well know here in Spain.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards

Raymon

J

JMBroad

Hi all,

My name is Raymon. I am based on the Costa del Sol/Gibraltar and am a real estate agent who works with private clients by word of mouth. A few months ago, I was visited by representatives of Grupo Nicolas Mateo (GNM) who are the developers for the Lagoa do Coehlo Resort. One of my customers was interested in a bulk purchase in the resort and flew down to have a look at the lay of the land coming back very impressed. In the meantime, due to my native English, GNM have become interested in collaborating with me to sell this and develop other projects with them. I am interested in the challenge and extra stability in terms of income this would supply as I would still have freedom to pursue my own sales.

I would be interested to know if any of you have had dealings with GNM and what your thoughts were, as well as impressions on their sales tactics/team before I take the plunge. I am meeting them to discuss options in about 10 to 14 days time. GNM are well know here in Spain.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Regards

Raymon
I'd suggest you go over there and take a look at the site yourself before comitting to anything.

W

wolfgang

Raymon,
I have had prior dealings with GNM and to use a euphamism,the experience has not been entirely satisfactory.The land they have acquired just outside Touros is however very impressive.I am happy to elaborate privately-just send me a p.m.

G

Golfingworld

Lago de Coehlo is in the middle of nowhere...the nearest town is Touros, I was there last week...it can be best described as a dump!

J

JMBroad

Lago de Coehlo is in the middle of nowhere...the nearest town is Touros, I was there last week...it can be best described as a dump!
The nearest town isn't Touros! Rest of the information is pretty accurate though, although it's not like you to hold back so much on criticism GW.

W

wolfgang

The Touros Area.

Golf guy-shame you did'nt take the trouble to drive a little further N.than Touros.If you had done so,you would have encountered the charming little fishing town of Sao Miguel do Gostoso,which in fact is the closest town to the Lagoa do Coelho site, not Touros.
I am no fan of Lagoa though it appears to me that with the amenities GNM have planned ,guests would have little need to venture off site.For those that do,Touros has banks, supermarkets, pharmacies, bars, restaurants,a gym,post office, internet cafe etc.
Touros is a typical Brazilian fishing town and not an insubstantial one either with a population of over 22,000 inhabitants.
To regard it as a "dump" is tantamount to saying that Brazil itself is a dump, as Touros is the real Brazil.Its current status merely reflects the reality of a largely undiscovered location which has yet to experience additional funding and infrastructure improvements. Though with 5 planned developments within literally a few miles ,that is set to change, and especially so with the 8,500 properties at nearby Lagoa.
At present however,it is still possible to order a meal for two people in a local restaurant with drinks and receive change from a five pound note.

It is a matter of regret that your innately negative attitude and short term outlook do not permit you to provide a more objective insight for those who have yet to benefit from the advantage of visiting the area and assessing its potential for themselves.

Last edited:
J

JMBroad

I understood it differently, I understood GW to be saying that the location of Lagoa is a dump, not Touros but I guess we can't know for sure.

And although it is not strictly true that the site is a dump per se, for GW it's a massive understatement which leads me to believe he may not have actually been anywhere near it. If he had, he'd probably be much more critical of it (as he is normally slightly more critical than anyone else on most things).

If this helps; I've been there, we don't sell it.

W

wolfgang

Whatever the interpretation JM,i do not concur with his opinion.Lagoa has the potential to become a very good site-the real downside from my perspective is that it is lagoon based not beachfront.Brazil is all about its wonderful beaches and the outdoor lifestyle and culture which emminates from it!

G

Golfingworld

At least there is a Banco do Brasil in Touros, but if I am correct theycannot deliver cash to internation credit or debit cards..you need Bradesco or HSBC..but what would I know as I might not have been there! But if I was guessing I would say thatit is on the left just past the two convenience stores and opposite the churrascaria. Charming is like wine it could be another mans water..in my view Touros is a dump...my view and I stick to it...having not yet done the other 8 billion square miles in Brazil it would be unfair to generalise as to the rest..... sure if you want to live by a lake 100km from a decent supermarket, a bank, and internet cafe, a chippie, but use a taxi for 20 Reis for a grilled fish that will cost you 10 reis...there is no dount it is the place to be...as it happens I don't ..but I am sure there are plenty sat there now in foggy freezing Hamburg or Huddersfield reading the guff that will find it quite attractive...everyone to their own!

J

JMBroad

At least there is a Banco do Brasil in Touros, but if I am correct theycannot deliver cash to internation credit or debit cards..you need Bradesco or HSBC..but what would I know as I might not have been there! But if I was guessing I would say thatit is on the left just past the two convenience stores and opposite the churrascaria. Charming is like wine it could be another mans water..in my view Touros is a dump...my view and I stick to it...having not yet done the other 8 billion square miles in Brazil it would be unfair to generalise as to the rest..... sure if you want to live by a lake 100km from a decent supermarket, a bank, and internet cafe, a chippie, but use a taxi for 20 Reis for a grilled fish that will cost you 10 reis...there is no dount it is the place to be...as it happens I don't ..but I am sure there are plenty sat there now in foggy freezing Hamburg or Huddersfield reading the guff that will find it quite attractive...everyone to their own!
Funnily enough my issue actually has nothing to do with location of the project even though I don't remember a churrascaria or convenience stores nearby. However that is irrelevant because we can debate all year as to whether living in the countryside "in touch with nature" is better or worse than living in central Ponta Negra, my concerns are more to do with the access road to the development, and the use the local villagers are giving that road.

M

michaelbush

The so far undeveloped northern coast is really beauftiful and tranquil. The Brasilans from Natal as well use these locations to unwind and relax, particularly on weekends and fiestas, to escape the party lifestyle that attracts GW. The majority of the middle class professionals here all seem to go away to these quiet places with their family and friemds, when there is carnaval or fiestas. They make their own entertainment, away from the confusion of carnaval. they have seen it already and it all tends to be the same hing each year - a bit like the Beerfest in Germany!

M

michaelbush

Maracajaú is a small fishing village of around 2000 inhabitants. Naturally you are not going to see night life like in Ponta Negra, and this is its charm! The people are really friendly, they have their parties which you will be welcome to attend, they have some restaurants, and bars, if you know where to look, and unfortunately for them their secret paradise has been discovered. Touros as you say is much larger, and in my view is a very good example of the real Brasil. If you are there at carnaval time you will see the place full of visitors, mostly Brasilians from Natal whre they have no carnaval in February. The beaches are lovely and is well served with restaurants, and is far from being a "dump". THis at present is a place to live in peace, with a lifestyle of a king for the price of a pauper. But then there are many more small villages and towns on the northern and southern coasts, which are all so far unspoilt by resort condos. They are all charming, the people friendly and you are not worrying about assaults as you may be in the cities.

M

michaelbush

Hehe from the Portuguese "assaltos"? Starting to think in Brazilian now Michael? :D

Just struck me as an odd way to put it - hehe
Hi John
Yes I guess it is a hazard, when you have to speak in Portuguese (Brazilian) all the time cos hardly anyone here speaks English! If they do it is difficult to understand since they still pronounce the words as they would in Portuguese, hence rock music translates to musica da Hockey, Rolling Stones = Holinga Estonis. Once you get used to it you find yourself doing the same otherwise they don't understand you!! They should have a dictionary that translates English into how it would be written in Portuguese using the latina languages grammar rules. Thus Michael = Maikol , Like = Laik etc.

M

mambo

Thanks for the input. I have a client who is a major investor in property who visited Lagoa and was very impressed at the potential. Hence, my interest in working/collaborating with GNM when I was approached. This is still under consideration as I think the planned facilities, which I understand are in the process of being further upgraded are superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.