Kosovo

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claudio_italy

I might add that when you reach the border of the territory, you are required to buy a special warzone insurance policy. It costs 50 Euros and is valid for two weeks only.
Passports are not stamped by the Kosovar authorities, and your "visa" is a simple paper document which is meticulously inserted into each passport.
Once you have your policy and visa in hand, your car is directed through the barbed wire and around the tanks into the enclave.
When you leave the territory, the visa is removed from the pages of your passport, and no trace of your visit subsists for others to see.
I went to Kosovo from Macedonia many times. Never had to buy any warzone insurance policy. Maybe from other borders???

C

claudio_italy

I was going to answer the thread on whether now Kosovo was a good place to invest. What I really cannot be bothered with, is to get into political arguments and take view points on who is right and who is wrong ......
I am totally impartial and hold no strong views either way.
Kosovo is no more of a risk now than Albania and the trumpet has been blown in Albania for two years now.
Albania is proving to be a worthwhile investment for many " early birds" but the story there has only just started.
In Kosovo , it is even earlier. Just over 100 days in fact. The market is just moving . The price of land in Pristina is low and in the newest capital in Europe has cheap, off plan units - in comparison to the rest of Europe.
The UK and US Embassies are setting up and large corporates and banks are moving in.
Kosovo is a very important State for Europe and a new and exciting investment opportunity.
Capital growth was 15% in the first half of this year on land .
It is exactly as you stated IMO.

The problem I see is that the economy is very basic and the serbs to the north (because of political reasons) and Macedonia to the south (poor region not developing as fast as other southeastern region)
are not helping the local economy.

Pretty confident that this will change soon

T

Transylvania Investment

With the risk of losing all political correctness: have you any idea how many Serbians were massacred by the Albanese or how the Serbians are threatened and chased everyday in you beloved Kosovo? How can you justify something like that with the "abuses" of Serbia against the Albanese community?
How can anyone invest in a country where if you are a Christian you need the K-FOR troupes to protect you if you want to go to the shop and buy bread?
Another thing. Albanese are Muslims. Muslims have mosques, not churches. You tell me what churches have the Serbs destroyed in Kosovo.
I can grasp that the minds of some of the people posting on this site are completely devastated by lack of proper education, mingled with the BBC news, but still, let's not be ridiculous!

Maybe the locals just got a bit upset about decades of abuse by Serbia... :rolleyes:

In the same light, I guess I should cancel my trip to Belgrade. After all, Serbian army also destroyed many churches and mosques (before any orthodox one's were destroyed),and on the top of that killed ten's of thousands innocent civilians in the presence of the same UN 'peacekeepers'... :(

Can you remind us, who was that bombing Dubrovnik? :confused:

In short, don't you think that we should keep the politics out of this discussion?

:)

Last edited:
C

claudio_italy

Albanese from north Albania are Christian Catholics. Albanese from south Albania are Christian Ortodox.
The majority of Albanese are muslims.

Unless the members of this forum are in the business of real estate for building churches or mosquees .... can we mantain the discussion about real estate in Kosovo ONLY?

T

Transylvania Investment

Dear Claudio, the morques and churches, the peoples beliefs and attitudes towards other peoples and their beliefs are very important when you want to invest in a country. The political stability of a region is the main criteria for any medium-size investor when he's considering to put his money in. But of course, you as an adviser on this site, should know these things better than me.
As for the further booming economy of Kosovo, I don't see in it anything but a bubble like so many others before, a way of deceiving investors and attract them into some sort of blackholes.

Albanese from north Albania are Christian Catholics. Albanese from south Albania are Christian Ortodox.
The majority of Albanese are muslims.

Unless the members of this forum are in the business of real estate for building churches or mosquees .... can we mantain the discussion about real estate in Kosovo ONLY?

kk1974

kk1974

Dear Claudio, the morques and churches, the peoples beliefs and attitudes towards other peoples and their beliefs are very important when you want to invest in a country. The political stability of a region is the main criteria for any medium-size investor when he's considering to put his money in. But of course, you as an adviser on this site, should know these things better than me.
As for the further booming economy of Kosovo, I don't see in it anything but a bubble like so many others before, a way of deceiving investors and attract them into some sort of blackholes.
Trans Invest,

Advice of caution is always welcome, but all we have been hearing from you till now is serbian-nationalistic ranting packaged as 'an advice for investors'.

For example:

How can anyone invest in a country where if you are a Christian you need the K-FOR troupes to protect you if you want to go to the shop and buy bread?
I think that rather than Christian, you should write Serbian. I fully agree, Kosovo is certainly not safe ground for Serbian investors, at least not at this moment. Understandably so.

What makes you think that if anyone else (especially someone from the countries that were supportive of Kosovo's fight for independence) came there would need protection to walk to the shops? That's absurd.

I can understand why Serbian people are feeling hurt for loosing Kosovo, and why they equate Kosovo with great danger. I have my personal opinion which I somewhat allowed to come through in some of the previous posts.

We have not heard anything sensible from you that gives us an unbiased assessment of the market, which is something that we would really like to know.

Can I request you to either contribute something of some value to the topic of this thread, or pls find another forum where you can vent your frustrations with Kosovo independence issue?

I shall reply to your questions to my last post privately since it's not going to be real estate related.

Thanks.

C

claudio_italy

1) Dear Claudio, the morques and churches, the peoples beliefs and attitudes towards other peoples and their beliefs are very important when you want to invest in a country.
2) The political stability of a region is the main criteria for any medium-size investor when he's considering to put his money in. But of course, you as an adviser on this site, should know these things better than me.
3) As for the further booming economy of Kosovo, I don't see in it anything but a bubble like so many others before, a way of deceiving investors and attract them into some sort of blackholes.
1) Personally disagree. I invest where I make money, in my opinion there is money to be made in kosovo (real estate)

2) Totally agree, and I see kosovo on a positive track. The world (UN, EU) has put too much effort and too much money to let kosovo fail: it will not.
A solution will be found for all parties, including serbia/russia.

3) I don't' think the economy is booming, actually there is no or little economy. What is booming is the real estate business.

T

Transylvania Investment

Kosovo is just another Bosnia. Fellows, stop trying to con decent investors into blowing up their little fortunes into all sorts of bubbles.
I know knowledge of economics is not handy for any investor, yet, we are not all imbecils on this site.
Go on and praize your little piece of heaven Kosovo and its unbelievable, skyrocketting opportunities for investment, but don't forget you are ridiculous by this!

1) Personally disagree. I invest where I make money, in my opinion there is money to be made in kosovo (real estate)

2) Totally agree, and I see kosovo on a positive track. The world (UN, EU) has put too much effort and too much money to let kosovo fail: it will not.
A solution will be found for all parties, including serbia/russia.

3) I don't' think the economy is booming, actually there is no or little economy. What is booming is the real estate business.

kk1974

kk1974

Kosovo is just another Bosnia. Fellows, stop trying to con decent investors into blowing up their little fortunes into all sorts of bubbles.
I'm really not sure how you got the idea that any of us were trying to do that?

I started the thread asking for anyone with some experience in the country to contribute, and two people did share their thoughts on that.

Where exactly have you seen decent investors being conned?

I know knowledge of economics is not handy for any investor, yet, we are not all imbecils on this site.
:eek:

Go on and praize your little piece of heaven Kosovo and its unbelievable, skyrocketting opportunities for investment, but don't forget you are ridiculous by this!
Why do you find it difficult to accept that there are people who don't necessary agree with your views?

You are calling Albanians uncultured - do you think that your writing can even remotely be called cultured?

Again, all we heard from you was just baseless ranting, and therefore pls fogive us for not taking you too serious.

T

Transylvania Investment

Stop posing as victims! And don't you dare take people for idiots! This thread was designed to attract attention over Kosovo as a potential market for real estate investment.
Only you seem to have a problem with my points of view. In a civilized world people don't always agree. That doesn't mean you have to offend the others. It's their view on the matters and a third party can make up his/her mind listening to all arguments and all sides.
As for supporting the Serbs, there is no bigger lie! I think what the Serbs did was deeply wrong, but that doesn't mean I cry for the pitty of the Albanians, who were to no extent any better. I am perfectly balanced in what I say, if you have problems with understanding, read a few more times untill you grasp the meaning and don't jump into accusing me. That only shows your level.

I'm really not sure how you got the idea that any of us were trying to do that?

I started the thread asking for anyone with some experience in the country to contribute, and two people did share their thoughts on that.

Where exactly have you seen decent investors being conned?

:eek:

Why do you find it difficult to accept that there are people who don't necessary agree with your views?

You are calling Albanians uncultured - do you think that your writing can even remotely be called cultured?

Again, all we heard from you was just baseless ranting, and therefore pls fogive us for not taking you too serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.