JBR - Sell or hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DodgyJoe

Sorry I'm new to this forum thing. However hope my comment is of some use.
I think it is time to hold on to your property. Not because of good rental expectations, no, it seems that rents are stagnating at the moment. I can't even get 100k for a large ready 1BR in JLT. A friend though considers herself lucky to have found a 2BR in JBR for 145k/yr.
But looking at the following I think property prices definitely will increase (just a few mixed thoughts):
I went to cityscape in AUH and it seems that even properties with late completion dates (2010+) and in places which were previously cheap (RAK, AUH, JVS, Sports City, etc.) are reaching sqf prices of 1800 to 2200dhs. Recent downtown launches featured properties at 4500 - 6000 dhs/sqf !! And they are selling. A friend of mine sold his 2BR which he had bought for 1.25mio in Jan 2007 for 3.5 two weeks ago! Another friend made 1.3 profit (OP 850, SP 2.2) on a 1BR in 15months with only 90k down till completion.
Places like sports city used to be the least attractive. Even with stands in the big mall offering 500000dhs 1BRs with longterm paymentplans they could not be sold. Now because construction progress is visible and because it is part of dubai land new launches are fetching upto 2000dhs/sqf aswell.
Close to the beach, with beachclub, in dxb, in an area in its final stages of construction. You could not buy anything this nice for the money you'll get for selling it.
Hold on at least till the end of the year; Because like so many people I also am woried that the market here is like the "emperors new clothes". And how many endusers are there? Investors certainly will think twice if they only get 5% rental return.

M

murjan

Hi, Hope someone can help me. I'm looking to buy a 2 bed apartment in JBR. What would be the acceptable amount to offer on an apartment that was on the market for AED 2.8m??? I guess what I'm asking is by how much do Real Estate agents over inflate the price in Dubai. Thanks.

G

Gashead

Be careful and do your homework regarding views... presumably at 2.8 it has a sea view? There's an 80 storey hotel development going in when the Oasis Beach is demolished so steer clear of that end.

M

McVelvet

Anyone know a good place to start looking for a 1 bedroom in JBR or the Marina - It's for my mum so has to be low down. I have 200K - am I dreaming or is this possible?

Cheers

M

McVelvet

A big ask I know, but does anyone know of a 3 bed in JBR for 2.3 mil (2 bed with maids room would also do, and may conside marina but it would have to be good).

G

Gashead

Sherwoods, Betterhomes... don't think they'll have any for that price though. 2B with no view go for that price now.

M

memo123

There is a huge market hype in the market but i believe by the end of 2010 supply will definitely exceed demand and there will be absorption and overload . if u told me three years ago i wud say bu or keep but now i say sell . market is inflating on no basis and yes every one is saying my property is at 60 % premium but to the sites where you see so much on offer for weeks and no buyers .
there is a hype now make use of it and sell before the market bubble burst
then again i don't have a crystal ball i look at supply and demand and the supply is overwhelming and all speculators but really not end users.

M

McVelvet

HELP

Got 200K to spend and looking for something in JBR...can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.