Its possible to buy a property in brasil without register the money in Central Bank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bana1104

Hi All,

I was speaking with a few agents and it seems i could by propertys in brasil without register you money in central bank.
One of the agents who i was spoken said me i could transfer the money for one europe account.

Is it Possible ????
in my opinion it seems ilegal but i don't know anything about laws.

Someone could explain me this ?

Thanks
Jo

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi All,

I was speaking with a few agents and it seems i could by propertys in brasil without register you money in central bank.
One of the agents who i was spoken said me i could transfer the money for one europe account.

Is it Possible ????
in my opinion it seems ilegal but i don't know anything about laws.

Someone could explain me this ?

Thanks
Jo
Jo,

You can do this, but you will have problems getting the money out of Brazil when you sell.

So it is probably not worthwhile doing unless you intend to hang on to the property forever or else you can find someone to buy the property off you later by also not registering their money with the central bank (not too likely).

Regards,
Rob.

B

bana1104

Thanks for your reply

ok it seems it's not ilegal.

The only problem is get out the money from brasil.

But in case if you want to keep your money in brasil it seems a good choise no ????

Cheers
Jo

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for your reply

ok it seems it's not ilegal.

The only problem is get out the money from brasil.

But in case if you want to keep your money in brasil it seems a good choise no ????

Cheers
Jo
Jo,

What sort of deal is this? How much money are you talking about?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
thanks for your quickly reply.

will be a New build
Jo,

It sounds a bit strange that the money isn't going to be registered in your name for a new build.

Are you sure your money isn't being sent to a lawyer's trust account who would then forward the money on in your name?

Where and on which development are you buying?

B

bana1104

I was speaking with a few agents last week. And they said me it not a problem to buy without register.

problably will be a resale i don't know

I'm thinking to buy in cumbuco area but i still doesnt have any choise for now. I'm open to see more things in that area.

I will check it next month in brazil.

Problably what you said in your last line could be possible.

Jo,

It sounds a bit strange that the money isn't going to be registered in your name for a new build.

Are you sure your money isn't being sent to a lawyer's trust account who would then forward the money on in your name?

Where and on which development are you buying?

M

michaelbush

It is not legal to receive money into Brazil into an account here, whether it be the sellers account or your own account, without it being registered at the Central Bank of Brasil. It is an offence that could put you in jail, and also the recipient. The Federal Police here investigate on behalf of the Receita Federal such cases. If you are being asked to send money in this fashion, it will end up black money and could be consficated. Also I would be very suspicious of any developer asking for that. Why would you want to do it? A sure fire way to get cheated! Using Casas de Cambio it may still be possible, but I think they have tightened up on them now.

B

bana1104

Thanks Michael,

I didn't say i want to do it, i just ask if it is possible to do it because a few agents said me that.

That's why i was put this post just to clarify my clues. I'm a new possible investor in Cumbuco and before buy some property i really like to be inform from everything.

After read your email i could see its ilegal (because in this case it seems the sellers doesn't have account in brazil but juts in europe)
correct ???

Thanks for you reply
jo

It is not legal to receive money into Brazil into an account here, whether it be the sellers account or your own account, without it being registered at the Central Bank of Brasil. It is an offence that could put you in jail, and also the recipient. The Federal Police here investigate on behalf of the Receita Federal such cases. If you are being asked to send money in this fashion, it will end up black money and could be consficated. Also I would be very suspicious of any developer asking for that. Why would you want to do it? A sure fire way to get cheated! Using Casas de Cambio it may still be possible, but I think they have tightened up on them now.

M

michaelbush

Thanks Michael,

I didn't say i want to do it, i just ask if it is possible to do it because a few agents said me that.

That's why i was put this post just to clarify my clues. I'm a new possible investor in Cumbuco and before buy some property i really like to be inform from everything.

After read your email i could see its ilegal (because in this case it seems the sellers doesn't have account in brazil but juts in europe)
correct ???

Thanks for you reply
jo
The problem will then also be to register the property in your name at the value paid. If no money enters Brazil then it is a gift, which would be valued by the prefectura for tax purposes. You would then be taxed on the whole sum on sale as capital gain, and still not be able to take the money out! If the developer does not have a company in Brazil with a bank account, then again be suspicious. What agents told you it is possible? Other people may wish also to avoid wrong advice.

D

Dotty

Banned
The most important thing to do in Brazil is put your money through the central banking system(if you do not )then it will be tough to try and get the money out because it willd not show what resourses and how the money got in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.