Istanbul property - Beylikduzu region

cagdasal

cagdasal

Hello there,

I have been seeing a lot of advertisements for newly developing properties in the Beylikduzu region of Istanbul.

A quick question, has anyone looked into/bought any of these newly developed/developing properties? If so, please get in contact, i just have a few questions to ask :)

Thanks in advance

primularrossa

primularrossa

Beylikduzu

Hi Cagdasal,

I am an Italian living in Istanbul, actually I bought and fully refurbished a flat in Cukurcuma (Beyoglu). The area you're looking at (Beylikduzu) is a great one in my opinion, very green and calm; from your name I assume that you have Turkish origin so it would suit you even more. What information do you need to know exactly?

cagdasal

cagdasal

Beylikduzu

Hello there,

Indeed i am turkish, but currently living in england. I am thinking about a move to Istanbul, and i just wanted to ask about these developments in terms of investment. Are they near a lot of business's, hospital, universities etc?

primularrossa

primularrossa

Beylikduzu

it is a newly developed area on the outskirts of proper Istanbul, let's say a 40 min drive on the highway. There's also a direct bus from Taxim, it takes something more than 1 hour. The buildings themselves are pretty typical for Turkish modern construction, that is, high condominium-type buildings with plenaty of modern large flats at different floor levels and good finishing, for Turkish standards. The main advantage of that particular area is, it has plenty of green (almost impossible to find on the European side of Istanbul). There are also huge shopping malls (Migros) nearby. Don't know about hospitals. If you need more info, two Tr friends have bought a flat in there, I can ask them their experience.
What do you require from your home exactly?

cagdasal

cagdasal

Beylikduzu

I just want to know how renting the flat is out there, if its a good idea to invest on those flats etc. It would be great if they could get in contact with me :)

Thank you very much

S

SalfordSurvey

The second Bosporus project announced two weeks ago is close to Beylikduzu area. Although it will complete in 2023, it will probably attract more investors.

I

INVESTMENTGURU

Hey Guys

I been reading all your posts and just like to say go for an investment in Istanbul it’s great. I started a couple of years ago and have a number of properties now. In Istanbul there are lots of great areas which are fairly cheap but on the rise. For instance I just purchased 2 flats in Belikduzu region (off plan, but very near completion - August 2012). So I don’t need to worry about the project being delayed as its almost complete, plus I still save 10% on property value, as it’s off-plan!) Belikduzu will increase in value significantly as it’s located near main airport and will be part of the new METRO car system for transport allowing people to access most of Istanbul in less than an hour (think of it as London’s underground). Prices start at £800 per square meter (total 102sqm) but I negotiated a good deal, I won’t go into figures but it works out around 5%. I’m guaranteed £2400 a year rent from developers so I don’t need to worry about estate agent or tenants as I’m in UK, I could get more privately but don’t need hassle! AND IN THE SUMMER PRICES WILL GO UP 10% ON COMPLETION. So I’m happy. I have seen lots of people with cheaper houses but the development I chose is a luxury development from a reputable company (I did my research),don’t buy cheap quality building its always a let-down, trust me I learnt the hard way. Plus during last earthquake Belikduzu was relatively undamaged – although the building is earthquake proof). Anyway in conclusion I’m guaranteed around 3-4% rent yield plus a capital increase in my property of 15% by the summer. The place I bought is called icitylife If anybody has any questions please post me a note.

Good house hunting girls and boys!

D

danielo24

Thanks for the post, that's really helpful to me as I've been looking at getting a place in Istanbul.

I

INVESTMENTGURU

Istanbul property

If you are serious about buying in Istanbul let me know and I'll give you details of people who done my deal. I can get very good rate for you, in a luxury development.

I

istanbul

Everybody talks about good things but, recently istanbul municipality have locked down a lot of Mass Housing project near Beylikdüzü region because of local municipality conflicts.constructions completed %85 but locked and people who bought house From there are trying sell their property from title deed.
Be carefull !

U

ukinvesting

Hello many thanks for the post here. I am fom the UK also looking at buying in the Beylikduzu ara. I sthere a direct estate agent we could speak to in istanbul, rather than these uk maketing companies, would the property be any cheaper this way?

thx again

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Hello many thanks for the post here. I am fom the UK also looking at buying in the Beylikduzu ara. I sthere a direct estate agent we could speak to in istanbul, rather than these uk maketing companies, would the property be any cheaper this way?

thx again
You should never ever buy property abroad through these UK agents. They are only interested in how much money they can make for themselves and don't care about the interests of their clients.
Go to the country of your choice, have a good look around and talk to people who have already bought there before making any decisions on where to buy and who to buy through.
Far too many Brits have come unstuck by buying property abroad through UK based agents and ended up losing large amounts of money.

Jda

Jda

Hello,
I lived in Beylikduzu and my family still resides there. Its a nice neighbourhood but far from the city centre however metrobus takes you to centre very quickly. There are hospitals, schools, shopping malls.. Anything you need basically. Also many compounds have swimming pools, gyms

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CkinTurkey

ukinvesting - you're correct, it really is a lot cheaper to buy through a local Estate Agent. Most of the UK based companies are simply doing this anyway and then obviously commission gets added on to each party - I say most because I obviously don't know them all.

(I should also add reputable) working with a local estate agent usually means you don't get the added 'admin, and legal' fees that alot of the overseas agents add, and you pay a deposit only when you've seen a property and are setting up the contract (ps this needs to be notarised to be legal),many overseas agents expect a deposit before you leave the uk and then have the cheek to say they don't do the hard sell!

Ck

Last edited by a moderator:
medseA

medseA

http://www.turkish-property-world.com
I'm with you.., Beylikduzu prices are the best compared to other areas, due to more vacant land being available.