ad

Is this a scam or for real?

G

Grandpops

My wife and i sold a property in Turkey to another English couple over 7 years ago, we gave power of attorney to the head of the notary office as the new buyers were still waiting for their army checks to materialise. We paid all the fees requested of us and the remainder would be paid by the purchasers and were told that would be the end of our legal requirements.
Today a person rang our doorbell but unfortunately i was too busy to answer the door,when i did get to the door on the mat was a 6 page document with the top page/pages missing written in Turkish with corresponding English translations claiming to be a JUDICIAL DOCUMENT demanding 323.00 TL for floating capital fee for 2013 that you have to pay for map model in order to sell your property to foreign national people.There is then a Cadastral Agency bank account number and the name of the Turkish bank in which to pay the money.
The property in question was joint owned by my wife and i BUT this document is addressed solely to me.
Not sure what to do next.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Grandpops

I am very sorry to read about your situation although I am sure one of the forum members will be able assist and point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Mark

M

MaryHelen

Grandpops, did you get any answers yet? I've had experience of buying and selling in Turkey but never heard of anything like this and how could you be liable for anything after 7 years? Are you in touch with the people who bought your property 7 years ago?

M

mitchelleelvis01

Oh, that's quite tough. I think the best way to confirm if that is scam or real one is ask a legal expert on that matter. Some experts here in the forum might be able to say something about that issue of yours but the thing is you have to make sure to let the entire thing read by your lawyer or legal person.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
If in doubt, take legal advice as you could make the situation worse by trying to resolve it without knowing your situation from a legal point of view.

Regards,

Mark