Is there a new 'click' on this forum

wemyss1960

wemyss1960

Forum does not feel the same to me lately

Dereks been replaced (just no **************) with .........?

Too much promotional stuff not being picked up.

wemyss1960

wemyss1960

????????????

Apparently I could not mention d...k or prop....w...h ? whats going on?

S

Sarah C

I agree, lots of real estate being pushed!!!! whilst some developments are being slated as certain people dont sell them!!!!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Stuart - unfortunately some members of the forum have been banned.

Myself along with the other 2 new mods have had a lot to do over the last couple of days.

As Im sure you can appreciate moderating is not an easy task and we are doing this on a voluntary basis.

We simply cannot view every single post. If you see something that you consider promotional then please PM all 3 moderators and whoever is online at the time will deal with the post how they feel appropriate.

Regards

Alison

L

lyndsay552

Egpyt Property

I agree, lots of real estate being pushed!!!! whilst some developments are being slated as certain people dont sell them!!!!!
Hi Sarah,

Please correct me if I am wrong but is this not the Egypt Property forum within Totally Property?

The new Egypt Lounge has been set up by TotallyProperty, which gives us the opportunity to talk openly about anything non property.

Please feel free to add any new threads that you wish to discuss.

All the best

Lyndsay

S

Sarah C

I think that was a little uncalled for! I was under the impression that people who have bought or are interested in buying could come on the forum for advice, not have projects rammed up their noses!!! There are some people on here who have blatently slated perfectly good developments because they dont sell them, how can this be right? On the other hand there a great agents who answer peoples questions without being biased.

Hi Sarah,

Please correct me if I am wrong but is this not the Egypt Property forum within Totally Property?

The new Egypt Lounge has been set up by TotallyProperty, which gives us the opportunity to talk openly about anything non property.

Please feel free to add any new threads that you wish to discuss.

All the best

Lyndsay

L

lyndsay552

I think that was a little uncalled for! I was under the impression that people who have bought or are interested in buying could come on the forum for advice, not have projects rammed up their noses!!! There are some people on here who have blatently slated perfectly good developments because they dont sell them, how can this be right? On the other hand there a great agents who answer peoples questions without being biased.
Where possible one of the 3 mod's will delete any uncalled for comments but considering I got over 200 emails, it's hard to keep track of everything.

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh.

Lyndsay

L

Lsab

Hi Stuart,

Certainly didn't mean to come across as clicky. I don't think you and I have 'talked' before. I'm fairly new here I suppose - I've been posting for a few months on this forum and several months before on the Dubai one as we've purchased a studio there. It was through reading the posts on this forum that we decided to buy in Egypt. I expressed an interest in moderating and was invited to do so. It's actually hard work but enjoyable. Feel free to pick my brain though I'm sure it's much more likely to be the other way round:)

Best Regards
Linda

A

andyk2

It's notthing like as bad as it used to be

Hi Stuart,

In the days before you were a member there was nothing but promotional posts on the Egypt forum. It may look a bit hit and miss now, but you should have seen it 18 months ago. Nothing but Sahl Hasheesh and Resort Alliance.

Certain members (me) got into trouble with the administrators for criticising the number of self-promoting posts by moderators. Glad it's all gone and there is some genuine comment on here now.

Might even start contributing myself

Take care

AK

L

Lsab

Hi Stuart,

In the days before you were a member there was nothing but promotional posts on the Egypt forum. It may look a bit hit and miss now, but you should have seen it 18 months ago. Nothing but Sahl Hasheesh and Resort Alliance.

Certain members (me) got into trouble with the administrators for criticising the number of self-promoting posts by moderators. Glad it's all gone and there is some genuine comment on here now.

Might even start contributing myself

Take care

AK
Hello AK,

That's really good to know. All 3 of us moderators are owners and not involved in any way with selling etc. Totally Property is now very committed to keeping all promotional stuff where it belongs and we moderators are trying hard to make sure that happens. At the same time we don't want to lose the agents or developers as they contribute so much themselves - I've certainly learnt a lot from them. I do think the forum is becoming very interesting lately with some excellent new contributions to the threads. We look forward to hearing lots from you.