ad

Is the UK property market starting to bottom out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
As we see the release of differing house price reports for March (one showing a fall and one showing a rise),increased mortgage liquidity and the bottom of the interest rate cycle, are we at a turning point for the UK property market?

Check our article entitled "Is the UK property market starting to bottom out?" and let us know what you think.

B

Brendan R

As we see the release of differing house price reports for March (one showing a fall and one showing a rise),increased mortgage liquidity and the bottom of the interest rate cycle, are we at a turning point for the UK property market?

Check our article entitled "Is the UK property market starting to bottom out?" and let us know what you think.
absolutely not, desperation is just pushing EAs and other interested parties to try to let people believe it's a good time to buy. The spin machine is running 100% but reality cannot br changed. Houses are still overpriced and the UK is in a very bad shape. Overborrowing, rising unemployment and increased poor economic conditions are not the right conditions for a market bottoming out.
We are 3 years away before the market becomes a buying opportunity. Check the previous boom and bust cycles and the times it takes for the housing market to complete a cycle. We are not even midway in the correction.
Good luck to all the poor people that will become slaves to overborrowing by listening to the sweet music of "it's time to buy".

F

fessquisA

Hi

Hi Guys,

Just joined up, thought i would say Hi :)

Jenny

V

Vicks

I believe that the prices are due another 5 to 10% drop this year but have also notice that activity around my area has risen. In the last 4 weeks , 3 houses have come up for sale and all three sold within 4 weeks.

Where i have a BTL, i have noticed 3 BED Terrace properties coming for sale at £170000 and sold. (Last year prices were £205000).

To me , to see this happening in these times suggest that credit is available for people substantial deposits. People are prepared to pay these prices. I don't think they have been bought as BTL as the yield would be too low but then again on an appropriate fix rate the yield would be high but these would have to be about 2 to 3 % in order to achieve the yeild required. (are these actually around?!)

It also suggests to me that activity is picking up. Bottom out by end of year, flatness throughout 2010 and then slow rising activity in 2010.

IMO

B

BurtJ

Just Saying Hello

Just joined the forum, it's my first post just wated to say hello to everyone.

T

taxiguy

Hi to all at the forum

Hi guys would just like to welcome myself to the forum you can catch me here a little later on.

misspolly

misspolly

I have read somehwere that 1.9 Million UK adults are living with friends or family rent-free, the recession as it seems is taking a toll of people's personal finances in a big way. The average age for a first time home buyer has risen to 29 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.