ad

Is the UK property market bucking seasonal trend?

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
While it is dangerous to take one month’s figures in isolation there are signs that the UK property market is bucking the traditional winter trend. Historically the number of properties listed and sold in November falls fairly sharply as the industry effectively closes down for the winter period, opening up again in the New Year.

Click to Read The Full Story and Add you Own Comments to Continue reading...

R

realdeals

Personally I think there will always be seasonal trends to some extent but economic activity and political issues are having a greater impact at this moment in time.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
There will always be a degree of seasonal trends because of human nature but maybe the uncharted economic waters we find ourselves in today have created some buying opportunities?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

There is no doubt that 2016 has been a fairly "unique" period for the UK property market. We have seen a number of pivotal political events and the ongoing collapse of Europe which has led to unseasonal property market trends. Will 2017 be any calmer for UK property investors?

L

lookinginvest

Aside from the obvious couple of weeks over Christmas/New Year (when everything stops) I think the seasonal trends we have seen in property markets in years gone by are fading. I think there is also an argument to suggest that property trends are more condensed than they were in the past.