ad

Is the Brexit led resurgence in Midlands/Northern property prices temporary?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Over the last 12 months we have seen a number of London property investors looking to cash in their London real estate chips and acquire “better value” properties in the Midlands and the North of England. Is this just a Brexit led temporary resurgence or are we starting to see a change in investment strategies across the UK?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I think we will see some money going back into London when Brexit is resolved and the UK economy is back on an even keel. However, I think the last couple of years have shown many investors there is life outside of London. We also have many large public and private groups relocating some of their head offices out of London to the likes of Leeds, Birmingham, etc which can only make these markets more attractive in the long term.

R

realdeals

Time will tell but I think that we will see a change in property investment strategies across the UK with less focus on London and more investment in the Midlands and the North. For many people it will be the balance between capital appreciation and rental income that will be the key. Ironically, Brexit has opened the eyes of many people to the potential benefits of investing in property outside of London.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Some people believe that once Brexit is over and the economy is on a more even keel, investment will return to London at the levels we have seen in the past. Personally, I think that many investors have now sampled the rental returns and potential capital gains outside of the capital and they want more.