Is Terrorism a Threat in Egypt?

Reading the report where would you feel safer?

• Sinai

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hurghada

• Cairo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Welcome to the Forum!

I feel safer leaving our property in Hurghada for 2-3 months than leaving our property in Scotland for 4-5 weeks, no gangs of youths walking around, no swearing, no graffiti, lots of pleasant polite people around, can't beat it
Welcome to the forum Mastaba! Having lived in Hurghada for over a year I agree with you - or it could be that the swearing is in Russian or Arabic and we just dont understand it!!

125mastaba

yes, well, perhaps your right and we don't understand their swear words, but ignorance in this instance is bliss.

G

Global Investment

No country in the world is 100% protected as terrorism tries to hit anywhere at anytime.
Egypt is considered one of the top countries that managed to overcome the international terrorism wave that hit several countries such as Algeria.
i totally disagree with peter on his defense for Hurghada only, as the Egyptian government takes measures to insure the safety of people in every city not just the red sea side.
Several police check point on the road from Cairo to Sinai checking travelers from any nationality and searching every public transport vehicle, and randomly private one too, and the same happens inside the cities of Sinai (Sharm, Hurghada, St. Catherin, Taba).
i am with the opinion that says it is much safer to be anywhere in Egypt than to be in London or any USA city.