Is Student property still a good place to invest?

Discussion in 'Student Property Investment' started by Michelle Barringer, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Michelle Barringer

Michelle Barringer Member Forum Partner

Given the high fees to students and huge number of student buildings that have been completed - is student housing still a good place to invest?

2. George79

George79 Member

There will always be more students every year and if you can compete with on-campus dorm rooms, I do not see why not. Just offer things that you know they will need such as free wi-fi.

3. Bradley M

Bradley M New Member

Yes, and it will always be. If we are talking about Britain. Its town’s and cities are currently being transformed by growing student populations.

4. I totally agree, student accommodation in the UK has improved dramatically over the last 20 or 30 years. Gone are the basic student accommodation options of years gone by in favour of multiple occupancy buildings with an array of shared facilities.

5. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

The UK student property market has been extremely strong in recent times. When you bear in mind the extra capital pouring into the further education system it is difficult to see anything but further growth in demand in the longer term.

6. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

There is always pressure for the government to invest more and more in education so I think student accommodation will be a great investment for many years to come. Also, the more people in further education the fewer people on the unemployed list - these politicians can be a little sneaky :)

7. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

Which are the best cities for student accommodation investment in the UK? The ones that spring to mind for me are Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and St Andrews in Scotland.

8. NehaS

NehaS New Member

It depends on totally your decision and if you want to do that then you should definitely do that.

9. realdeals

realdeals Member

The UK has a large number of high quality universities and other types of further education. These attract students from other parts of the UK as well as overseas. If you pick the right city, the right area and the right type of property, you can create significant long-term cash flow.