Is Punta Perla worth investing in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonDavies

Thread hijacking is alive and well!

No offence, but the OP wanted to know about PP not Morocco or Turkey etc.

A couple of the points raised (I skimmed so apologies):-

Short rental season - irrelevant when there is guaranteed yield.
Downmarket - the whole area is being gentrified by some of these classy developments. Jamaica was in the same boat a couple of decades ago and teh nice bits are way out of the range of us mere mortals now.

Focus on guaranteed growth and yield and PP is probably the best investment around right now when you balance risk and reward.

I was raedy to go in myself but a rather expensive divorce got in the way :mad:

T

The Great Gatsby

Thread hijacking is alive and well!

No offence, but the OP wanted to know about PP not Morocco or Turkey etc.

A couple of the points raised (I skimmed so apologies):-

Short rental season - irrelevant when there is guaranteed yield.
Downmarket - the whole area is being gentrified by some of these classy developments. Jamaica was in the same boat a couple of decades ago and teh nice bits are way out of the range of us mere mortals now.

Focus on guaranteed growth and yield and PP is probably the best investment around right now when you balance risk and reward.

I was raedy to go in myself but a rather expensive divorce got in the way :mad:
When do you think you will be looking to invest again? . But I have got a simlar project that is a lower entry level to Punta Perla.

R

reidepot

I know this thread has been around for a while, however, I wanted to note that I have the only available (at the current time) beachfront apartment for sale within the new Punta Perla community. Due to a serious health issue combined with the current economy in the states, I am no longer allowed to keep this unit. A steal as I only want the money I have into it. I purchased before the prices were increased. Email me if you, or anyone you may know has an interest.

Thank you.
Aussie, maybe it’s worth to wait a little before selling your Punta Perla contract?
It looks like Confotour (no tax exemptions for PP) was finally signed by the new DR government recently, so construction could start very soon. It will be much easier to sell and also you could get a higher price.

Alex

A

aussie

Thanks alex.

I would definately wait if I could, but unfortunately, my situation does not allow me to. It's unfortunate for me, as I heard the same news that you told me from my sales agent.

Thanks again!

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
IF it sounds too good to be true, than that is the case.

R

reidepot

President of the Dominican Republic launch groundbreaking ceremony for the Punta Perla project on December 29, 2008.

Also present at the event were Albert II of Monaco and project president Ricardo Miranda.

President Fernandez said that the project at Punta Perla, together with others that are under way, will weaken the effects of the economic crisis that is affecting the rest of the world.

The first phase would involve the construction of a beach club, the first boutique hotel, the marina and the first golf course. The first hotel is expected to open next year.

Also present at the ceremony were Labor Minister Max Puig, Public Works Minister Víctor Díaz and Tourism Minister Francisco Javier García.

R

Roy Propsner

Punta Perla due diligence

Due Diligence strongly advised. Google Search
Singing Pig » Property Investment Forum » Overseas Property Investment » PUNTA PERLA

R

rowlandsbb

Investors who have gone in to off plan anywhere in the world need to look at the escape clauses and guarantees that you have
Getting you money out now and picking up re sales, bank repossessions, distressed sales offer much better returns, provided you know waht you are doing

The days of taking a punt have gone.......in the current financial ecomonic situation a lot of developments will never produce the ' marketing returns' and many will be closed down by the banks who are lookng to cut their losses

Every week all over the world you hear this happening and there are I suspect going to be a lot of burnt fingers, a lot of news about corruption with deposits lost and guarantees disolving as a result of credit crunch

All very sad but anyone invested in off plan should watch what is happening with the development they are involed with!!!...at the first sign of trouble get out if you can

Spain had it's problems first but at least the majority of the so called 'illegal homes' will be made legal and regulations are now tight.....in the emerging markets it is all a very relaxed regulatory situation!!

R

Roy Propsner

seek property in Brazil

Due Diligence strongly advised. Google Search
Singing Pig » Property Investment Forum » Overseas Property Investment » PUNTA PERLA
We want to purchase total 4,000 hectares with 10km beach front in Brazil, North East. Google Roy Propsner

C

Caribinvestor

Lets face it Punta Perla is never going to happen. Miranda is a crook, has robbed Millions from UK investors in Spanish resorts that never happened. They have taken in almost a Billion dollars and a shovel has not touched the ground. Anyone that has put up 30% has lost their investment outright. The Web-site has been shut doen, the office numbers in the UK and US are disconnected. I spoke with a bunch of English guys in Florida, very shady, wanted $10k up front before you even saw the property as a "reservation fee" that would be refunded. Right. Sorry all but you were duped. I spoke with a guy called Mike Casson, whata sleezeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.