Is it worth paying downpayment of Tamweel Int. City loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

irf77

Asalam O alikum all,

I had purchased an apartment in international city Dubai back in 07 at 400 K with loan from Tamweel, the loan is flexi loan on reducing balance and is for 15 years.

I need your guidance in terms of pros and cons if it is worth it to make certain lump sump payment to reduce the term and also their profit

From my latest statement I can see that so far for 368 K loan 75 K payments are made

Out of 75 k 33 went towards the actual loan and rest 51 towards the profit, since this variable rate they have increased the profit rate from 7.9 to 8.9 which resulted in negative 10 K so in short my outstanding loan is still 345 K.

I think if I make say 100 K down payment it should make decent difference in profit rate of theirs,

Since now a days most of the things are not appreciating i.e. not worth investing in new properties, stock markets business etc generally thinking it is best use of my money to and make down payment and finish this loan or should I also keep cash with me considering the uncertainty of employments now a days?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.