ad

Is it time to ramp up your property investment risk profile?

• Thread starter PostBrexitInvestor
  • Start date
R

realdeals

During all of this confusion surrounding Brexit I think there are many opportunities to buy houses “relatively cheaply” and secure healthy rental yields. Keep your eyes open and your powder dry!

F

FWL

I think it makes sense to give yourself a mix of risk/return profiles in your property portfolio. Putting all of your eggs into one basket is, and always will be, very risky.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
You should always look to add a variaty of different risk/reward profiles to your property portfolio - any investment portfolio for that matter. As you say, "putting all of your eggs into one basket" is risky.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
After the latest Brexit update I would hold back on any investment in the UK - while no deal would not be the end of the world it would take some time for markets and investors to come to terms with. All of these doom and gloom predictions are plausible but they tried this after the Brexit vote and they could not have been more wrong.

Maybe the EU will come back with a ground breaking concession for the UK? After all we will start to see EU businesses panicking very soon.

F

FWL

The next few days and weeks will be volatile for the UK to say the least - probably not the time to be jumping into the property market in a big way. Drip feeding funds into cherry picked assets at knockdown prices, yes, but there could be some significant downside from here in the short term.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

The way Brexit is at the moment you should have all of the risk you could be looking for in the UK property market in the short term. There is a good chance this Brexit shambles could go on for a good couple of years yet - if the process is ever completed and not cancelled.