Is it time to play out of Hungary property?

Discussion in 'Other Property Hotspots' started by lookinginvest, Sep 14, 2018.

1. lookinginvest

lookinginvest Member

While the headlines suggest that the European Union is going to sanction Hungary, in reality this is all hot air and bluster with the chances of sanctions minimal to say the least. Because of the European Union’s voting structure the defence pact with Poland will effectively save Hungary. However, is the EU right to highlight a reduction in democracy in Hungary or is it simply the people taking back control?

Time to buy time to sell the Hungary property?

2. FWL

FWL Member

Not sure what this headline was supposed to say lol

I presume, Is it time to get out of Hungary property?

There is no smoke withoutfire (even if the EU is being slightly hypocritical lol) so I would be very cautious investing in Hungarian property. If democracy is being stripped away then the next step tends to be currency restrictions and then restrictions on foreign investment. Be very careful :)

3. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

My guess is that there is more grief to come not only for Hungary but the whole EU property market in the short to medium term. The immigration problem as well as Brexit has got the main EU players rattled. We are also seeing a massive rise in far right/nationalist parties in the EU and this is only going to get worse in the short to medium term.