ad

Is it getting easier to obtain mortgage funding?

R

realdeals

Over the last few months I have seen various articles suggesting that mortgage regulations in the UK are being slackened while others suggest it is still difficult. What has been your recent experience?

W

Wesley Davidson

As a broker i can confirm property finnace is easy to come by with lenders only requiring a 5% deposit. Adverse credit is not an issue and short period of self employment are not issue (above 1 year).

Lenders are falling over themselves to lend with free valuations and cash back to entice you to them.

Asides from self-cert (which I don't endorse) and 100% mortgages (the latter is being discussed) the market is as good as it has ever been right now.

D

diyhelp

What does this indicate - a move towards business at any cost? Or a bouyant market? I would be interested to hear your views.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
What happened to the 20% deposits introduced after the financial crash? Whatever happened to the need for due dilligence?

D

diyhelp

Maybe concerns over Brexit will dampen "over exuberance" in the mortgage market? Surely the market wont find itself in gthe same mess as just prior to the last financial crash?