ad

Is it better to buy or rent?

A

AleesLLD

Hi,

I'm in desperate need to move out of my parents home but don't know if it's better to buy or rent a property. I know buying you can decorate your home in your own way but renting can be cheaper as if something breaks it's up to the landlord to fix.

Advice on both would be great.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
If it is within your financial capabilities I would always recommend buying.
Rent is dead money whereas if you own the property over time it will appreciate in value.

F

FWL

Many years ago the experts were predicting a huge rental market in the UK as a consequence of the "mobile employment market". This hasn't really happened. So, I agree with Veronica, if you have the funds to buy your property then buy it.

C

cardinalthomas

if you have enough money always buy because anything can happen in life your business, or jib can break down but at least you have a place to live with no one disturbing you. Buying a property is a blessing for anyone and always buy a property than rent.

prasanth

prasanth

Hi,

I would suggest to go for buy Instead of Rent since You have certain Benefits on Buying a Home. However It would be helpful to Save your money on Rent. You Might get the freedom & happiness that you live on your own home. You can Always Customize your home according to Your Preference.

Choice is yours!

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
In the UK mortgage rates are currently at or around historic lows. It should be possible to lock in these rates for a number of years with many property mortgages now cheaper than their comparative rents. Buy where possible.