Irish Property

J

Jenson86

Good Morning All,

I have a period country house in East Galway, Ireland that I am going to be placing on the market soon. Cab you suggest the best websites to advertise on in the UK?

Many Thanks.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I think there might be an option to advertise on this site but you would need to contact the owner:-

I sometimes feel that forum adverts work better because people can actually ask questions and see what others have asked. How is your property market holding up?

L

lookinginvest

Hi @Jenson86

At the moment it looks like property markets could be frozen for a short while in order to add another layer of protection against the transfer of the coronavirus. How is the Irish property market coping at the moment?

J

Jenson86

The property market is frozen here now due to the lockdown. The big issue is that people are not placing their properties on the market. I am in the same boat now and its not worth paying for the advertisement when people cannot come and view the home.

Housing is an issue in Ireland because there is a lack of it. Most people want to live in the cities such as Dublin where first time buyers simply cannot afford a home.

This house would not suit a first time buyer, it would be outside their budget. The reason I am keen in advertising on the UK market is because I have receive a lot if interest from across the pond.

Hope you are all staying safe and well!

L

lookinginvest

Are you still seeing a lot of companies/employees relocating to Ireland as we head towards the big Brexit parting of the waves? There seemed to be an initial push by many companies (bankers in particular) but I have not heard much for a while. Has it died down a bit?

J

Jenson86

We actually are and particularly in Galway as this city has become a hub for start up and international companies. I think Coronavirus has drawn evreryone's attention for the moment. Ireland is in lockdown until May and possible a bit longer. Our government have really stepped up to the mark in looking after those who have lost their jobs. 350euro a week, freeze on rents and mortgages.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
The only downside to this help, and this relates to the UK as well, is the fact that workers/investors will need to pay for this at some stage - no such thing as a free lunch. This could suck much need liquidity out of the economy in my view. I remember when the Irish economy required a bailout from the EU after the crazy policies of the previous government. I wouldnt bank on the EU to be there again - they are in a complete mess.

K

kayifi

The only downside to this help, and this relates to the UK as well, is the fact that workers/investors will need to pay for this at some stage - no such thing as a free lunch. This could suck much need liquidity out of the economy in my view. I remember when the Irish economy required a bailout from the EU after the crazy policies of the previous government. I wouldnt bank on the EU to be there again - they are in a complete mess.
Agreed!