Investors switching from Chinese property market to London

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
As politicians right across the UK continue to bicker and argue about Brexit and the U.K.’s place in the worldwide economy, Chinese investors are taking a very different tack. There is emerging evidence to suggest that Chinese investors are now switching from the Chinese property market to London. This move is happening despite the fact

Click to Read The Full Story and Add you Own Comments to Continue reading...

N

nmb

Surely in their position you would consider the same switch as well? A 20% bonus because the currency has moved?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Interesting to see some investors suggesting London property prices are softening while others are pointing towards overseas investors looking to plough more money into the London real estate market. If I was to make a guess, I would say that increased overseas investment will eventually win the day after situations such as Brexit have been resolved.

N

nmb

Perhaps one proviso to my earlier comment, you still need to ensure any assets you buy are high quality offering potential for capital growth and rental income. Do not get blinded by the 20% fall in the value of the pound!

P

PostBrexitInvestor

There is a suggestion that Chinese real estate investors are buying London property purely because of the devaluation of the pound. This is untrue, investors must always put the quality of the assets in question first even if there are considerations such as a devaluation of the currency to take into consideration. Quality assets will always rise to the top.