Investors against interpretation of law no 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

memo123

Dear all
I know this thread is purely for law # 13 . I am a member with your group too.
now we have a new calamity if not death,
albarakah group owner Imran khan , the developer of 5 towers in marmooka city, ajman . and 5 towers in Dubai land , Le style buildings and few other buildings in JSV has vanished from the face of this earth with all our money .
you might remember that few agents were advertising buy back deals on this site and almost every one was sending them their emails to have more info to participate.
last week one member sent me a private message saying that albrakah has forfeited the payment . today i hear that all his PDC checks have bounced .
what he was offering was to pay 10 % of value of a floor in the burj regent or the crescent with projected return of 50% then for a minimum of 1 mio Dirhams for a period of 6 months
weeks later I saw the same agent offering the same deal with 2 mio minimum
now Imran khan is no where to be found .
people say he has fled the country others say he is in hiding , when i called their office they claimed that Imran khan comes to office every day . than i found that he has not been there for the last 10 days
we are so many
but all of us are so ashamed of our utter stupidity and greed to admit that we entered such deals
please your help and cooperation in this issue is highly appreciated , any suggestion any legal advice please . Just now I received a call from London where I told one agent that was selling the same buy back deal for the crescent in Marika , she was stunned, the agent who sold me this buy back said this man has billions and your money wont make a difference in his books . i goggled him there was lots of news on AME INFO about his achievements and his glory , so I believed that he was liquid , according to the MOU i pay only once , and then i pay nothing and whether he sells the floor or not i still get the money back plus profit , so i thought let him take the risk and have no pain of the reselling procedure
help help help

T

TommyC

Article: Property firms cut 600 jobs - The National Newspaper

“This correction will be healthy. With a lot of developers leaving and there being less projects announced in 2009, it will be stronger in 2010 as demand will still be there – there’s still a shortage of residential and office units in Dubai.”

That's not really good news, who's money are they taking as they go? Law 13 back and find SOLUTIONS by interaction between developers and investors instead! Is this whast the government wants, developers to leave and investors to pay for it?

T

therealdubai

It seems that many of us are pointing at the same developer, a good start point.

T

TommyC

It seems that many of us are pointing at the same developer, a good start point.
Not sure which developer you are pointing to because as of now there is no specific developer targeted, the target is rather the recent (possible illegal!) change of Law 13 and the lost incentive to find solutions in cooperation.

V

varindani

with the last update from in gulf news, it seems like its time again to meet for everyone and get ourselves a lawyer to support us. I guess its time for us to knock the doors of The Land Department.

T

therealdubai

a recommendation by Marwan bin galita that developers can't ask investors for payments on projects not started yet. If you read arabic pls check this linkhttp://www.alkhaleej.co.ae/portal/c18604cc-404c-422d-9a7b-8df27e789376.aspx

T

TommyC

a recommendation by Marwan bin galita that developers can't ask investors for payments on projects not started yet. If you read arabic pls check this linkhttp://www.alkhaleej.co.ae/portal/c18604cc-404c-422d-9a7b-8df27e789376.aspx
For the rest of us that speaks english, try: Translated version of http://www.alkhaleej.co.ae/portal/c18604cc-404c-422d-9a7b-8df27e789376.aspx

Even though the translation isn't perfect, it gives you an idea what he's saying. If there is anyone that speaks arabic around, please confirm the context of the article.

If I'm not mistaken, this could be some of the best news as of lately (except the column stating that the interpretation of Law 13 might be illegal) as it could freeze the current situation until financing and conditions improve, and developers are ready to sign contracts for construction. Apparently there is an important meeting tomorrow at RERA, if correct, the outcome will be highly interesting.

This very evening while looking at a menu in a restaurant at Ibn Battuta Mall I overheard en elderly indian couple speaking about the crisis and how one of their friends was risking loosing the 10 million he had invested because "the bank doesn't give him any financing"... This situation is really affecting so many people, we really need all of you to come forward and sign up for the initiative and let others know about it: investorslaw13 at homail.com!

Last edited:
P

propertyconsultant

Learning the new Laws - RERA

RERA is trying to put some order in the real estate business in dubai and i think it is healthy. Things will take time to get settled and understood by everyone in town, for sure education in the real estate market would be needed if people want to stay in business and for the good future of this market. Law #13 or not, lawyers or not we all need to get our hand dirty...it is our business to learn, grow and mature with the market. It is a unique opportunity...we are here to keep the business rolling........

propertyconsultant
dubai property crisis

T

TommyC

RERA is trying to put some order in the real estate business in dubai and i think it is healthy. Things will take time to get settled and understood by everyone in town, for sure education in the real estate market would be needed if people want to stay in business and for the good future of this market. Law #13 or not, lawyers or not we all need to get our hand dirty...it is our business to learn, grow and mature with the market. It is a unique opportunity...we are here to keep the business rolling........

propertyconsultant
dubai property crisis
As of now, I think the following is happening, RERA has the following choice: Private developers will leave and take any forfeited money along with them, they either stop this or accept the fact that a lot of people living here in Dubai will lose a lot of money which could be used for consumption which in turn will take a hit as people lose the money they could have spent buying other things. If they accept developers running off, well those will be the consequences....either my cash stays in Dubai so I can follow through with the plans I had or my cash goes to Pakistan along with Schon Properties (the fake-german company) and I will spend the next two years building up my liquidty again (no spending except the necessary).

T

therealdubai

Did anyone could have any information concerning what mr. Marwan of RERA declared?

M

mohammedno11

There was no meeting in th eLand Department yesterday. Nothing has changed at the moment !

The only reason behind this interpreation is:

The Government and the Developers were afraid that nearly all their clients want to default purposely to get 70% of what they paid back. This would have the result of a total collaps of many developers, and further the Government wanted to freeze all funds in UAE, because many expatriates would have transferred their money out of the country.

As the situation is even becoming worse, dont even hope that this situation will change soon, or that they apologize for their interpretation and you will get 70% back.

They know, people loose,people win. And even the looserswill come back in 2 years because they hope to make money again in Dubai.

The government is doing nothing to improve the situation !!!

Where is the promised liquidity for the banks so that they can provide mortgages again ? NOTHING !

A friend of mine has a villa in Ranches for sale, value 8 Mio 3 month ago. Today nt even a serious buyer for 5 Mio !!!

I am starting to get the feeling that they want this market to crash as fast as possible, and make a reset ! Fresh people will come and the old one have to leave !

Believe me that is the strategy and no one can help us.

Please send at least an email to investorslaw13 @ hotmail . com (remove the blanks please) so that we can provide you the PDF Petition to Fax it to the Land Department !

If I will loose all my money I dont want to loose my dignity too ! I want to look in the mirror and at least tell to myself I fought against this injustice !

R

revolutionary

Not sure if anyone has made this point yet.

If investors get back 70% of whatever they have already invested if they default, then an awful lot of Brits will take the reduced cash with delight as it most likely gives them back their full investment in GBP. This is due to the rapid decline in the pound versus dollar in the last few months.

Therefore I think its wise to at least wait for any repayment until a new buyer is found.

T

therealdubai

Do you mean that when the payments will be due that they will ask us to pay? and if some developers cancelled the projects, what shell they-we do? I have paid in a project that will start in september 09 and the developer did not get the plot from the master yet, so what you think my situation is?

D

Datum1m

Do you mean that when the payments will be due that they will ask us to pay? and if some developers cancelled the projects, what shell they-we do? I have paid in a project that will start in september 09 and the developer did not get the plot from the master yet, so what you think my situation is?

Ask your Developer for a construction based payment plan and don’t pay him anymore money, also ask him if he has sold all the units, if he hasn’t ask him to cancel the project or you will write to RERA telling them that you do not feel your Developer as the finances to continue and ask them to write to your Developer regarding your concerns.

T

therealdubai

they sold 70% of it and still a long way to receive the plot, if they cancel what you think my status will be?Thanks

D

Datum1m

they sold 70% of it and still a long way to receive the plot, if they cancel what you think my status will be?Thanks
If they have only sold 70%, then it is doubtful the project will be viable for them to construct and make a profit, because it is going to be hard for them to sell the remaining 30% in the current market. Then there’s the problem of how many out of the 70% will default. If they cancel you should be entitled to your money back in full, but if the Developer has been dipping into your Escrow account then chances are you will get part of your money back. You really need to find as many people as possible who have bought into your development, because you will stand a better chance of getting some answers if you confront the Developer as a group.

T

TommyC

If they have only sold 70%, then it is doubtful the project will be viable for them to construct and make a profit, because it is going to be hard for them to sell the remaining 30% in the current market. Then there’s the problem of how many out of the 70% will default. If they cancel you should be entitled to your money back in full, but if the Developer has been dipping into your Escrow account then chances are you will get part of your money back. You really need to find as many people as possible who have bought into your development, because you will stand a better chance of getting some answers if you confront the Developer as a group.
Yeah, we are at least 3 here on the forum who have bought, I'm the only one in Dubai though. Another option in terms of getting money back would be: They forfeit people, then they cancel = no money back. Considering the huge adboards they've had up along SZ opposite MoE, I would be surprised if the escrow account haven't had it's fair share of money whitdrawn for "Sales and marketing"...

T

therealdubai

I quote this from a Gulfnews article, can any one please explain it:
An escrow account means that investors in off-plan acquisitions are protected because their investment is held in a bank account under the stewardship of a neutral third party. The developer has a limited amount of access to the funds to cover essential costs - with the approval of the authorised account operator - but the bulk of the investment remains within the account until the property is ready for handover.

Full article:Gulfnews: Escrow account investment

Status
Not open for further replies.