ad

Investment idea

I

investmentidea

Hi

I am looking to invest in property 100k to 150k GBP, currently renting, trying to find out the best way of investing, ideally thought to buy a property in London but seems quite tough to find something reasonable even with Mortgage.

So either to find another way to invest with high yield or any guidance be much appreciated.

Came across investing in student housing sector, sounds interesting but know nothing about, any advise?

Thanks

I

investmentidea

Thanks the link, very interesting... did some research says a major disadvantage of student rooms is their resale value and capital growth potential... is it true? Should I consider buy to let?

S

SteveK

How about commercial or mixed use properties? They tend to have yields 10% + and the commercial elements have very long leases that are full repairing and insuring meaning very little to do for your rent.

Added bonus is that commercial/mixed use properties do not attract the 3% stamp duty surcharge.

I

investmentidea

Sounds interesting! I’ll do some research...
Thanks, very helpful

S

SteveK

How about commercial or mixed use properties? They tend to have yields 10% + and the commercial elements have very long leases that are full repairing and insuring meaning very little to do for your rent.

Added bonus is that commercial/mixed use properties do not attract the 3% stamp duty surcharge.
And finance interest is 100% tax deductible even if owned in your personal name.

Also you can use pension funds to buy commercial property I.e use your pension pot before you reach 65!

Final point, there is a fair bit of permitted development available when it comes to converting commercial to reside e.g offices to flats and even shops to flats.