Investment Central Portugal is Safe

C

clayton

Just bought a property in central Portugal, anyone got any advise on this area (tomar) before I spend huge sums rebuilding the place?
We like the area for us to stay in but would be reassuring to know money spent will have a good return too
Thanks
Clayton

K

kai

The area is ribatejo region, closest town to us is tomar,
and the property is an old farm with several buildings that we are going to convert.
Should be around 300square meters of construction when finished. Pool terraces etc.
trouble is this will all cost. Even though labour rates for builders there is very cheap 8 euros per hour and materials are relatively cheap. I am concerned that there are new build villas near me for less than 300,000 euros.
although we love the area and are happy to use the place as a holiday home and possibly rent it out, I would welcome some info from anyone that knows the market in that area, it does appear the older character homes do fetch better prices than new builds if rebuilt to a high standard.
Thanks
Kai

A

abelhas

difficult question: will my investment be safe...?
there isnt a great housing market here (we are about 2 hours north of tomar) but the foreigner market is growing, and property is increasing in price...

i guess the old maxim that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

good luck

R

richard morris

Just bought a property in central Portugal, anyone got any advise on this area (tomar) before I spend huge sums rebuilding the place?
We like the area for us to stay in but would be reassuring to know money spent will have a good return too
Thanks
Clayton
Hiya Clayton,try [email protected] They are a co-operative in your area andI found them to be honest and as a co-operative this knocks the price down considerably.Phone no. is 236631075

omostra06

omostra06

this is a very old post, but anyway not sure that a coop is what is being taked about in the post are you saying the coop are builders or sellers of property?

M

manor park

omostra06

Your right, the post is nearly two and a half years old !!

Then to cap it all the OP was asking about the area and not for builders/coops etc

MP