investing in Rasnov

Discussion in 'Romania property' started by Deina, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Deina

Deina New Member

Hello,

should you be interested in purchasing land in Rasnov (near Brasov), please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rasnov is a strategic knot, situated at 15 km from Brasov, 15 km from Bran (famous for its "Dracula castle", 7 km from Poiana Brasov and also very close to Predeal. I would also like to point out that it lies only a few km away from the site where the construction of Brasov airport, due for completion in 2010, has recently started. The Transylvania highway, the construction of which has also started, also passes through the area.

Rasnov is a beautiful medieval town, famous for the 17th century citadel which is towering over it. The nature is scenic, as one can see in the movie Cold Mountain, starring Nicole Kidman, which was shot on location in Rasnov.

In conclusion, Rasnov might be your site, whether your area of interest is tourism, real estate development, industry or agriculture. The fact that the town boasts one of the youngest and most dynamic mayers in Romania is also a plus.

Thank you.

Deina

2. wmp

wmp Banned

There was a time when I would have disagreed with you, namely when you wrote this! but I would have been wrong it transpires.

Now, Rasnov seems to be greadually but steadily expanding with fair quality residential homes & it seems more & more people hare happy to live there.

Now that there is an (excellent) Pennymarket, it is not necessary to travel to brasov to shop, nor pay the ridiclous small shop prices which are unsustanaible on most local salaries. If the local shops play catch up, I can see Rasnov being a credible second choice to Brasov for a family home. Personally, I commute to Bran, whcih is twice the distance from Brasov but its do-able.

On that subject, Bran is crying out for a decent supermarket (Penny, Plus etc) so if there are any investors looking for a safe punt out there, I'd say, that is a solid bet! The only shops there, including existing supermarkets are only ok for emergency shopping in my opinion, due to their stock & prices, unless money is no object of course.