Investing in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Thanks RedSea and Realestate, Maybe somewhere for us to consider when we eventually retire to Egypt as I love the cold and quiet:D I take your point about investment though.
You welcome any news about coming soon to hurghada?

L

Lsab

Unfortunately I don't think we can get there until after the summer:(

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
It will be good to see you when you can visit Linda. I am there from 1st April for most of the Summer and the Autumn. My wife and I will move permanently once we have sold our properties in Spain.

L

Lsab

We look forward to it too Peter. Is your wife relishing the final move as much as you are?

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Definitely looking forward to moving over but a lot of trepidation about selling two houses in Spain and transporting three dogs and four cats!! She's coming over in April so that we can find somewhere to rent initially. I have to be in HG and Pam will visit when she can.

L

Leila

It will be good to see you when you can visit Linda. I am there from 1st April for most of the Summer and the Autumn. My wife and I will move permanently once we have sold our properties in Spain.
I'm there from the 4th for 10 days. Meet up at Costa's sometime? :)

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
hope you don't have too much upheaval!!

whats making you move to hurghada?? appart from the red sea

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I am in Sharm from the 1st to the 4th April but in Hurghada from the 4th; Costa's will be one of my first stops so give me a call on my mobile and we can definitely meet for a coffee!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Hi Wayne

As I am Nick's partner in Egypt Real I thought I had better come over and do some work!

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
Hi Wayne

As I am Nick's partner in Egypt Real I thought I had better come over and do some work!
do you think all developments in hurghada have a chance of making some profit??

at the moment we cant afford to buy just a holiday home you see

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

I think that all have the potential to give a good return on investment. I believe that the capital growth will be highest on the front line projects as beach front will become an increasingly scarce resource. However, at present many properties in and near to Hurghada are very close to the beach and many have access to private beaches. As Development continues in the future Constructors will be forced to build further away from the sea which in my opinion will continue to add value to those that are closer.

You have to consider your options Wayne; whereas can you invest the relatively small amounts of money required to buy property in Hurghada for such a potentially high return?

I am looking for a long term rental at the moment and the prices I am being quoted are as high as on the Costa del Sol!

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
I think that all have the potential to give a good return on investment. I believe that the capital growth will be highest on the front line projects as beach front will become an increasingly scarce resource. However, at present many properties in and near to Hurghada are very close to the beach and many have access to private beaches. As Development continues in the future Constructors will be forced to build further away from the sea which in my opinion will continue to add value to those that are closer.

You have to consider your options Wayne; whereas can you invest the relatively small amounts of money required to buy property in Hurghada for such a potentially high return?

I am looking for a long term rental at the moment and the prices I am being quoted are as high as on the Costa del Sol!

we were looking at the regency continental for that said purpose but was put off by the lack of pool having sought public opinion.. we have now committed to 2 .. a studio and a 1 bed..

looked at marlion residences but i was uneasy about the price and rental guarantees ,, the buy to sell looked attractive until i read the 100 % predicted was based on the 13375 initial investment...then id still be left with a studio to sell and not something bigger the nubia resort looked very interesting but there was no compromise on the stage payments , we wanted 60% on completion.. you may have had ureself a sale also on rivera beach but again no compromise on payment plan,, so we spent 30k plus elsewhere with the view to keeping hold of it for a few years.. 13k deposit gets paid tuesday

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Best wishes with whatever you bought Wayne. Just out of interest who is offering 60% paid on completion? You got a good deal there.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Unfortunately I don't think we can get there until after the summer:(
aha, so may be you do a reservation form in the project of your interest as prices will be up at least 20 to 30 % so think about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.