ad

Investing between 70-85k

G

Glasgowboy

I am looking at investing anywhere in between 70-85k on a buy to let property. It would be a cash buy as I have just came in to some money how much should I be looking to receive in rent on a property of this cost and what would i be best investing it in I.e a flat or semi or terraced house, 2 or 3 bedroom etc. I am from glasgow so would be in glasgow or north or south Lanarkshire I would be looking at. Thanks

A

aaoskar

Why you wouldn't invest in foreign property, somewhere in the south of Europe. For example in Greece. Last year I've invested some cash in Greece property for around $70K. As my advisor told me I think I'll get my money back in a few years. And because of coronavirus, prices are falling down, so maybe now is the best time to invest your money in foreign property.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Personally I would:-

- Stick to markets you know (i.e. the UK)
- The pound has fallen on currency markets so more expensive when converting to Euros/Dollars, etc

From what I read there are some decent rent yields available in Scotland even if potential for capital growth might be a bit more limited.

J

Joshua Baines

Hi Glasgowboy,
Personally if i were you I would be trying to find Buy, Refurbish, Refinance, Rent properties so you can refinance and pull your money back out. This way you can 'recycle' your money and you haven't got it stuck in 1 property. If you are not confident in finding deals I would suggest using a deal sourcer as they will save you a lot of time and possibly money.

I hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
While I dont personally expect property prices to collapse I think there will be a reduction in the short term as the market is effective frozen by the government. After it is reopened I dont think previous sellers would be keen to "give" their properties away and we may well see a shortage of stock.

W

w885sl

I am looking at investing anywhere in between 70-85k on a buy to let property. It would be a cash buy as I have just came in to some money how much should I be looking to receive in rent on a property of this cost and what would i be best investing it in I.e a flat or semi or terraced house, 2 or 3 bedroom etc. I am from glasgow so would be in glasgow or north or south Lanarkshire I would be looking at. Thanks
Hi - did you eventually invest? and if yes, where?
I am not looking to invest and have 150-200k but all signals pointing me to hold off till Apr-2021.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
At the very best the second wave of the coronavirus will hold back the property market, at worst we might see sellers taking advantage of the recent surprising strength. It is difficult to see any real upside in the short to medium-term.

T

tlogic2020

Hi Glasgowboy,
Personally if i were you I would be trying to find Buy, Refurbish, Refinance, Rent properties so you can refinance and pull your money back out. This way you can 'recycle' your money and you haven't got it stuck in 1 property. If you are not confident in finding deals I would suggest using a deal sourcer as they will save you a lot of time and possibly money.

I hope this helps,
Every time I hear this it reminds me of that Youtuber Samuel Leeds trying to sell me a course lol..
Anyway how does this exactly work ?

Thanks

M

MiraL

I have a property portfolio for sale with long term sitting tenants if anyone is interested. Looking at selling the whole portfolio of 4 houses based in greater Manchester area but can also sell individually.

J

jamifids

And in another thread they say that rich people rent a house instead of buying one...

J

johnpreast26

When it comes to buy to let properties, it's important to do your research and choose a property that will appeal to tenants and have a good chance of increasing in value over time.

M

MolleySorba

I've been a buy-to-let investor for over 10 years, and I can tell you that there are a few things you need to take into account when deciding how to invest your money. First, you must decide what type of property you want. Are you looking for a flat, semi-detached, or terraced house? With 2 or 3 bedrooms? Glasgow or Lanarkshire? The type of property you choose will greatly impact the amount of rent you can expect to receive. For example, a 2 bedroom flat in Glasgow will rent for around £700 per month, while a 3 bedroom semi-detached house in Lanarkshire will rent for around £1,200 per month. You also need to consider the costs of buying and maintaining the property. The experts from https://stephenswmg.com can help you with the right advice and strategies.