Invest in North East or Sao Paolo/Campinas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celt

Hi!

I have just joined the forum and have been reading through a lot of the interesting discussions regarding investing in the North East.

I am heading to Natal next week to check out the market first hand and am very glad to have read the information posted by contributors such as Ralph which have main me less keen on offplan inverstments in Natal.

I would be interested if you would recommend purchasing property in Natal or if beachfront land in the North East would be a better investment given the lack of a buoyant rental market.

I am staying in the Sao Paolo/Campinas area for a few months and am also considering these areas. (for examples sites in condominiums) Would be interested to hear views on whether it would be better to invest in coastal property/land or urban/city land/property.

Warm regards

Celt

M

michaelbush

hi- I am living here in Natal and would be pleased to meet up on your visit. Let me know your dates etc and I can show you some of the options. Without knowing your circumstances it is difficult to advise, but do not be put off too much- off-plan can be fine, and so can land purchase- depends on your aspirations. Some of the best deals may not be what excites everyone- eg. closer to commercial centres than beaches, but can be sold or rented long term to Brasilians as well. There are plenty of deals all over Brasil- I am here because I like the all year warm weather! Sao Paulo has a winter!

C

Celt

Hi Michael,

Thanks that would be great. I will pm you in the next couple of days. I also think it is important to consider what appeals to Brazilians and not just rely on foreign tourists for rentals.

Cheers

Celt

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi,

I wouldn't be put off too much about what Ralph has said regarding off-plans. That was one development he is talking about and the biggest mistake that those people made was not hiring their own lawyer to check things out.

Regarding the NE Brazil: If you are looking for rental income right now or asap then buy in established areas in the NE. Ponta Negra & Pipa have both got a good history of returns and capital gains. For longer term look into the north of Natal at the big developments. So when you are there make sure you go and look at all the areas to see what suits you. If you want to view anything let me know as we have 3 people based there.

Sao Paulo/Campinos I can't tell you much about at all as I have never been there.

Regards,
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.