Invest in DSO

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sgaur

Is there any one to help me by providing information about DSO?

M

mpat

Is it wise to invest in DSO in Commercial Property? I have an offer 60% of property amount to be paid in 5 years at 5%. Will property generate rental income to cover interest and principal? Developer is suggesting that property will generate 18% rental income at today's property price? Which I feel is not possible. Can anybody suggest me to buy this property and this much return is possible? Can a funished office of 900 sqft fetch annual income of around AED 180K in DSO? Would appreciate to suggest.

Friend,
It cant generate that much income in rental, for sure.You should think of re selling it after a year or so.That s how ppl make more money in commercial offices.
Bye

W

Wannaberich

Dubai Silicon Oasis extends rent subsidies

Khaleej Times - 09/05/2008

(MENAFN - Khaleej Times) Rental fees for accommodation and offices at Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) are being subsidised by as much as 60 per cent to entice more IT professionals and manufacturers to work and invest in the free zone, which is tax-free and allows 100 per cent foreign ownership.

The scheme is seen to help bring the number of companies in the free zone to 600 by 2012 from the present 119, according to Dr Jihad Kiwan, the chief technology officer for Technology Investment & Education at DSOA.

He said, meanwhile, that more IT companies would consolidate and move towards protecting international property rights (IPR) due to the increasing costs of innovation and production. He stressed that major manufacturers are now down to less than 20 from over a hundred a few years back.

He also said that only 10 of the current firms at DSOA are full-fledged manufacturers and designers in the industry, and attracting more similar companies is the authority's top priority, he said in an interview on the sidelines of the 17th International Electronics Forum.

The move will boost DSOA's image as a regional electronics hub, according to Dr Mohammed Al Zarouni, the authority's vice-chairman and chief executive officer. "Dubai is paying real attention to the development of technology," he said.

UAE Minister of Economy Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri said transactions in the IT and communication sector in the country reached Dh7.4 billion last year, with the 10.1 per cent average annual growth rate to be sustained until 2010 to Dh9.2 billion.

This was due mainly to massive government spending on technology and related products and services while diversifying its economy, he stressed, adding that an advanced legal framework has supported the move.

"The local technology sector in the UAE enjoys one of the most advanced infrastructures and is coupled with a healthy availability of several qualified human resources and pools of talent," Al Mansouri told the two-day conference, which concludes today at the Madinat Jumeirah.

He added that average growth rate in the IT and communication sector in the Gulf countries and the whole Middle East is one of the highest worldwide, with expenditure and investment to grow 8.5 per cent until 2011 compared to 4.3 per cent in other regions.

"We are confident that this remarkable forum will mark a vital step towards the future, matching Dubai's phenomenal success story with the latest in the field of IT and electronics, bringing together all expertise under one roof," he stressed.

Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the chairman of DSOA, said the authority was created by the Dubai government to foster innovation in society and create a knowledge-based economy.

"It is indeed gratifying to see the emergence of electronics and chip design companies in the Technology Oasis," he said in a welcome address. "These companies are set to provide new momentum for Dubai's upcoming industrial and technological developments."

Kiwan said the conference, which was organised by DSOA to be held here for the first time in the Middle East, serves as a platform for manufacturers and professionals to discuss the challenges that the industry faces for the next five years.

-------------------------------------
From 112 licences to 600.If that happens then anyone with residential or commercial property at DSO will do very well indeed.

really_true

really_true

To buy today i would buy something like Silicon GAtes in DSO .Its a unique building in the area . A mid sized solid developer . Off the record i ve heard they buy back at market rates .That would be a kind of a guarntee --devloper knows what he is doing .Rates are okay 1300 aed per sqft or so for studios . Cheap. Building location just across the steet is some college expect college crowd to be looking in dso and the walking distance from the college academic city is a definite money maker.

I m looking to buy at below 1000 aed rates coz that would be a steal and a dream .
In todays day those rates are kind of not easy to get by

M

mpat

To buy today i would buy something like Silicon GAtes in DSO .Its a unique building in the area . A mid sized solid developer . Off the record i ve heard they buy back at market rates .That would be a kind of a guarntee --devloper knows what he is doing .Rates are okay 1300 aed per sqft or so for studios . Cheap. Building location just across the steet is some college expect college crowd to be looking in dso and the walking distance from the college academic city is a definite money maker.

I m looking to buy at below 1000 aed rates coz that would be a steal and a dream .
In todays day those rates are kind of not easy to get by

You can buy in q point at around 950 psf or 1000 which is also right next to academic city and DSO.

W

Wannaberich

GULF NEWS:
Mada'in launches Dh400m project in Dubai
By Suzanne Fenton, Staff Reporter
Published: July 04, 2008, 00:07

Dubai: Developer Mada'in Propertieson Thursday launched its first commercial project, a 14-storey tower with a value of Dh400 million.

The Domain is located in Dubai Silicon Oasis and has a land area of 7.2 million square metres and a built-up area of 303,159 square feet.

The fifth floor of the tower will feature an 18,348 square feet garden. Other features include a gym, swimming pools, restaurants and retail space.

Prices will start at Dh1,650 per square foot. Figures released by Mada'in Properties show there will be 647 parking spaces in the tower.

"The Domain is in an integral part of a series of landmark developments to be launched by Mada'in Properties during the course of the year," said Abdul Aziz Al Awar, chief executive officer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kieron O'Connor, chief operating officer, said that the company plans to launch more projects in the Gulf this year, with a combined value of around Dh3 billion.

Muammar Khalid Al Katheeri, chief planning and construction officer at Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, said there are currently around 65 projects by developers in Dubai Silicon Oasis. Al Katheeri said 40 per cent of these are commercial.

W

Wannaberich

40 per cent commercial. Fantastic for rental opportunities.

J

jennie1

Does anyone know how the Deyaar properties are doing on re-sale at DSO?

Status
Not open for further replies.