International City Retail/Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SAH

shefileald real estate . i ithnk they have grown very big . i dont think so they will be doing this buisness anymore.
Ok thank you for the info. i will takecare hows your company? still in progress or already done please keep me informed if you are facing any problem while this process.

A

ashwinf

shop 8 and 10 y12 building england cluster
what is the actual net area of the place? The places I have seen are 20% less in net area then actually quoted. do you have the floor plan?

B

Bilal

Well yeah sure th eplace surely needs something where there is no competition in that particular field anyways have two shops in China Cluster anyone interested can contact me on my numbers below. The price offered is lower than the market price as it needs to be sold out desperately.
BEOsman
050 9215026

J

jkyc

Obtaining A License For Cluster.

Dear All,

I am a bit confused. Someone has said to me that the clusters under international city can obtain a freezone license from Jebei Ali.

Is this still true?

If I am going to start my SMALL business (a retail shop) as a foreigner within the international city - England, still I have to find a local UAE under the area?

Can anyone share with us how safe/danger that would be if a business has 51% shared not being controlled by the owner?

Is a silent partner really "silent" under the agreement?

Thanks alot. This is a really great forum!

Regards,
JKYC

K

kaku67

[!
i think its quite safe , it is far better than to apply to jafza , i have been tring to get jafza licence for the last 18 months , it is almost immposible to complete there documentation . i have two shops in england cluster wanted to open a restraunt there . now i was so tired by jafza i am tring to rent them out . te new system is far better and i think it will be good for buisness in international city .

J

jkyc

Thanks for the reply. It seems that it will be difficult to get the shop a license for running a business... I did go to the international city myself for a trip on August 2008 and almost many shops are still not running business... As being one of the shop owners, I am a bit anxious...

What is the new system that you've mentioned?

[!
i think its quite safe , it is far better than to apply to jafza , i have been tring to get jafza licence for the last 18 months , it is almost immposible to complete there documentation . i have two shops in england cluster wanted to open a restraunt there . now i was so tired by jafza i am tring to rent them out . te new system is far better and i think it will be good for buisness in international city .

K

kaku67

Thanks for the reply. It seems that it will be difficult to get the shop a license for running a business... I did go to the international city myself for a trip on August 2008 and almost many shops are still not running business... As being one of the shop owners, I am a bit anxious...

What is the new system that you've mentioned?
its not that difficult now to get a licence , and pople who have a LLC licence can start a buisness in IC city now . before through jafza no one could start a buisness with a LLC licence . things are getting better . and as now so many people are shifting to ic city there is a good potential for buisness also . i think a there might be a long ressecion in dubai so people will shift from rents of 350 to 500 per sq feet to 60 to 100 per sq feet . and right now international city is the cheapiest in rents.

J

jkyc

Thanks KaKu67. With this new license system, how many shops in the England section has already opened so far?

Do you have some recent pictures of the internation city in English?

After getting the LLC, how long does it take for IC to approve the application of the retail shop? (If you have any idea).

T

Trend XP

Banned
I can help any one he want to setup his business in IC from A to Z
050 4666739 Nasser

A

anwar khan

Hi Trend XP, I want to set up a restuarant business in Dubai ...as you have mentioned above you can help on that ..thts so kind of you... Could you please tell me how much rent am I looking at for a suitable place to open up a resturant either in international city or somewhere else..???

T

Trend XP

Banned
Hi Trend XP, I want to set up a restuarant business in Dubai ...as you have mentioned above you can help on that ..thts so kind of you... Could you please tell me how much rent am I looking at for a suitable place to open up a resturant either in international city or somewhere else..???
hi anwar,
to set up a resturant in IC you nead at least to rent 1000 sqft corner shop...
price between 60 and 100 AED/sqft
If you need any further information pm…

Last edited:
M

mdriaz

setting up in IC

Hi to all,

I’m planning to move and settle in Dubai with my family.
I’m hoping to set up a small business like an Indian takeaway in International city and rent accommodation there as well.

Ive been reading the posts on this board with interest, but I am still a bit confused with setting up shop in IC.

I would very much appreciate it if someone would kindly answer the following questions I have:

How hard is the process of obtaining the license required for business in IC, are the procedures straight forward?

Is JAFSA still giving Freezone licenses here?

Will I get residency for me and my family when I start a business there?

Do I need to rent the place first before I apply for the license because I read somewhere that I can’t rent until I’ve got residency. But I can’t get residency until I have a license, so how does this work?

Is it a good location for an Indian takeaway? Are there any there at the moment?

Which cluster would you recommend and do you know of any spaces available for rent?

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost involved in setting up the business meaning fees etc?

Does the annual rent have to be paid in full in advance or in instalments?

I was in Dubai for a week in October 2008 and I loved the place, so I decided to move there but I just don’t know where to start. I haven’t been to IC but I’ve seen some pictures of the place and have read about it. I thought my best bet would be to start off there as it is relatively cheaper than everywhere else in Dubai.
I’ve had a look at a few spaces for rent on the net and am interested in a couple. But I’m just a bit stuck on what I need to do next.

Do you think it is possible to sort out everything from where I am or will I need to come down there before I can start anything?

I would greatly appreciate any info anyone can offer.

Regards

Riaz

G

georgihh

Hi to all,

I’m planning to move and settle in Dubai with my family.
I’m hoping to set up a small business like an Indian takeaway in International city and rent accommodation there as well.

Ive been reading the posts on this board with interest, but I am still a bit confused with setting up shop in IC.

I would very much appreciate it if someone would kindly answer the following questions I have:

How hard is the process of obtaining the license required for business in IC, are the procedures straight forward?

Do I need to rent the place first before I apply for the license because I read somewhere that I can’t rent until I’ve got residency. But I can’t get residency until I have a license, so how does this work?

Is it a good location for an Indian takeaway? Are there any there at the moment?

Which cluster would you recommend and do you know of any spaces available for rent?

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost involved in setting up the business meaning fees etc?

Does the annual rent have to be paid in full in advance or in instalments?

I was in Dubai for a week in October 2008 and I loved the place, so I decided to move there but I just don’t know where to start. I haven’t been to IC but I’ve seen some pictures of the place and have read about it. I thought my best bet would be to start off there as it is relatively cheaper than everywhere else in Dubai.
I’ve had a look at a few spaces for rent on the net and am interested in a couple. But I’m just a bit stuck on what I need to do next.

Do you think it is possible to sort out everything from where I am or will I need to come down there before I can start anything?

I would greatly appreciate any info anyone can offer.

Regards

Riaz
Ok if you have 1.1 million I can sell you complete set up
Studio plus 550sqft corner shop with license.

T

Trend XP

Banned
Its depend on your team work if they are experience in nakheel process to take each approval on time or not…

Licenses from trakhees department and you need a local agent as sponsor.

You can start business after you get all approval (nakheel, trakhees, EHS, CED… elc) and your shop ready to serve the customer

Its a good place for all kind of professional business… more than 40,000 person live there

You have to do research because they are deferent kind of people live in each cluster, and shops for rent available in all clusters…

License + all approval = between 20,000 AED to 30,000 AED

Local agent = ??

Contractor = tile + selling + AC + paint + light = around 20,000 AED

Decoration + equipment = its up to you

Rent = 40,000 AED to 70,000 AED for 13 to 15 months (1 to 3 months free )

Does the annual rent have to be paid in full in advance or in installments?
2 to 4 installments

Hope this info can help you… for any info feel free to contact me [email protected]

regards

J

Jacque

Hi,

Is there anybody interested to rent out their shops? I need
-2 units for laundry business
-2 shops for pharmacy purpose
-1 unit for another laundry business

Please indicate your asking rent price, send mail to [email protected]

Thanks!

M

moghal

Can any reader based in Dubai or better still in International city inform the members who have invested in Ground floor shops, the latest regarding the businesses already established in those shops and what sectors are more popular, the going rental/sale values per square ft. whether one can also report on the relaxation of rules by Nakheel for setting up business there and its impact on the demand for the commercial property in the area, if it has at all any significant impact. Some pictures of the businesses already launched would be certainly of interest to members. I have seen some nice pictures of Phase 3 by Kish. Are you reading kish?

A

amidhadli

there is a very good news for owners and people who want to staart a buisness in international city . now one does not have to go to jafza . he prosess has been made very simple same as opening a shop in any part of dubai . one has to get a llc licence . which is cheaper and take less than a month . i ithnk this would incouarge people to start business and will increase the prices of shops also the rent.
hi what is the llc licence and where do you get this from what is the process of opening a buisness in interntional city if i wanted to rent a shop out ther or even office space

A

amidhadli

i am in a prosess of it , they saying it will take two more weeks to complete the prosess. its not a very long one if u have consultant
hi can you recomend a good consultant to do this i am thinking the same

B

baba toto

Does anyone know if any new shops are opening up for business? :)

Has there been any change from the past and are shops being rented out / sold / bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.