International City - Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

georgihh

riz1234uk, It would be nice if you could ask your brother in law about the K sector. It would be nice to know an exact hand over date so that one can book their holidays accordingly. This info would much appreciated.
Guys are you stupid or what?
There is no such a thing like a hand over
You will get a phone call or an email to collect the key.
Then you go to your seller pay the final bill and collect the key
Stop with the stupid idea of the hand over date please

H

Hameed

Yes and apologies to sound so stupid, but there must be a likely time when this will happen. If someone has inside information of this accurate time then one can make better plans when it does happen? Georgihh, I gues you've already gone through this process and have your apartment already?

Also, I noticed there a new pictures of the Greece building on the gowealthy website, taken in the last month. The buildings do look good.

G

georgihh

Yes and apologies to sound so stupid, but there must be a likely time when this will happen. If someone has inside information of this accurate time then one can make better plans when it does happen? Georgihh, I gues you've already gone through this process and have your apartment already?

Also, I noticed there a new pictures of the Greece building on the gowealthy website, taken in the last month. The buildings do look good.
What happened to me.
My building was completed mid 2006
Nakheel send a letter to my building owner on 15.01.2007 that my building is ready.
After phoning the building owner and the different agencies he was dealing with for at
Least 2 months finally I gave up and started thinking of something else.
On 30th of April I received a phone call to collect the key.
I got the key on 1st of May and I was the first one to collect the key.
The rest of the people collected their keys in the following 3 months.
My point is that from the date Nakheel announce the completion date of the building could easily takes 6 months until you get the key.
I hope this wont be your case.
It’s a long and painful process.
Anyway Greece is ready and Nakheel should be sending completion letters to the building owners.
My advice is find out when this letter is send to your building owner and start burning his phone

G

georgihh

Nakheel should send all the completion letters before 31st of december as per the contract with the building owners so you are not far way

H

Hameed

georgihh, what have you decided to do with your apartment? Are you living in it or renting it out? How have you found your apartment after the handover. Is it all to your satisfaction?

G

georgihh

georgihh, what have you decided to do with your apartment? Are you living in it or renting it out? How have you found your apartment after the handover. Is it all to your satisfaction?
The quality is very poor but this is normal for all the flats in International city
Otherwise is a place to stay. I don’t leave permanent in Dubai but when I go there I stay in the flat. As per my estimation the real cost of the flat is around 70000 DHS.
But never mind this is Dubai and easily can be rent out for 42000 DHS per year or sold for around 380000 DHS. The prices are still going up in Dubai and after one year the price will be around 440000 DHS.
Conclusion if you want to make business out of your flat is a good purchase.
If you expect something valuable for the money you have spent you will be disappointed.

F

Fernandes

OK, i will confirm with my brother in law and let u know, so u could go there when the l cluster is handed over.
Hi Riz,
I need some help. Ihave 3 units in "L" Cluster and I want to move into one of them but my agent does not have a date and time for me, all the agent wants is money. The agent has also not given me the sales agreement from Nakeel. Can you ckeck with your brother-in-law if the "L" cluster has been completed and the buildings 1.2.& 3 has been handed over to the agent. Also after handing over to the agent how many months or days it will take for us to move in. I want to go to Dubai but do not know when to go and do not have much leave to go so want to know this information. Can you help.
Thank you
Fernandes

H

Hameed

Now we are in Jan 08, I still have not heard anything from my agent, has anyone else got any new info?

H

Howsbuya

Dates

Now we are in Jan 08, I still have not heard anything from my agent, has anyone else got any new info?
Hi Hameed - I had a phone call from my agent and he gave me the date of
15th Jan as the date to hand over the keys. He said he would send some documents through to me. That was about a week ago but so far I have heard nothing else.
I did drive up there and it looks very nice and pretty much completed although the construction boards are still up. The only thing that looked a bit strange were the balcony roofs - they seemed to be just struts of wood with no real covering.
Will keep you posted if anything happens.:)
H

H

Hameed

Thanks Howsbuya, It's great that you have a date. You must be the first few? Please do keep us informed of any development. What are your plans once you recieve the apartment?

H

Howsbuya

Thanks Howsbuya, It's great that you have a date. You must be the first few? Please do keep us informed of any development. What are your plans once you recieve the apartment?
We'll see if the handover works as planned - I have my doubts.
I plan to rent it ou when I do eventually get it.
H

D

DeanMakar

Handover 15 January 2008

I am buying a 1 bed in K8 and have been given a 15 January 2008 date for keys being ready. In addition to the final instalment I have been asked to pay 1,000 DEWA, 2,725 Land Registry, 380 site plan, 1,850 affection plan and dept, 7,840 service charges and 113 fire insurance. Is this the same for everyone else?

Kind regards

R

RISINGSTAR

Looking For Studio In France Cluster

HI FRIEND
I AM LOOKING FOR THE STUDIO APPARTMENT ON 1ST OR 2ND FLOOR IN FRANCE CLUSTER IN INTERNATIONAL CITY.IF ANYBODY HAVE THE AVAILIBILITY PLEASE OFFER ME.THANKS
ASLAM
Mobile no: 92 300 8290041

:) It seems that most of the other clusters have a thread, so I'm starting this one for Greece where I have bought. Would appreciate hearing any thoughts from others about this sector. The last I heard, completion was planned for September 2007.

R

riz1234uk

I am buying a 1 bed in K8 and have been given a 15 January 2008 date for keys being ready. In addition to the final instalment I have been asked to pay 1,000 DEWA, 2,725 Land Registry, 380 site plan, 1,850 affection plan and dept, 7,840 service charges and 113 fire insurance. Is this the same for everyone else?

Kind regards
Thats the standard rate everyone has to pay before the keys are handed over.

R

riz1234uk

Hi Riz,
I need some help. Ihave 3 units in "L" Cluster and I want to move into one of them but my agent does not have a date and time for me, all the agent wants is money. The agent has also not given me the sales agreement from Nakeel. Can you ckeck with your brother-in-law if the "L" cluster has been completed and the buildings 1.2.& 3 has been handed over to the agent. Also after handing over to the agent how many months or days it will take for us to move in. I want to go to Dubai but do not know when to go and do not have much leave to go so want to know this information. Can you help.
Thank you
Fernandes
Brother Fernandes,

All of us should be getting our letters soon. The buildings are ready and once the final payment is made by you , the keys be yours. i am making my payment next monday. The buildings in L cluster are ready. The charges come to around 11000-15000aed , this will all be explained in the letter you will recieve shortly.

Last edited:
R

riz1234uk

Hi guys dat is around 2000pounds in fees based on todays currency rate.

J

jwayne592

I've just been sent an account summay for my studio in the Greece Sector. The charges are as follows;
Service Charge - 5302
Unit Affection Fees - 850
LDC Charge at 1.5% - 3767
Liasion Charges with Land Dept - 2000
Site Affection Charges - 320
Admin Fee - 1000
DEWA Charges - 1000
TOTAL - 14239AED

Do these charges look as expected by everyone else?
Thanks

G

georgihh

I've just been sent an account summay for my studio in the Greece Sector. The charges are as follows;
Service Charge - 5302 - Yes
Unit Affection Fees - 850 Yes
LDC Charge at 1.5% - 3767 Yes
Liasion Charges with Land Dept - 2000 No
Site Affection Charges - 320 - No
Admin Fee - 1000 - Up to your seller
DEWA Charges - 1000 Yes
TOTAL - 14239AED

Do these charges look as expected by everyone else?
Thanks
Service Charge - 5302 - Yes
DEWA Charges - 1000 Yes
TOTAL - 14239AED

R

reza244

dear friends
I have a studio flat in greece sector L12 - I received a letter on 21 Nov. 2007 that ask me to pay these items to complete my payment:
1- service charge : 6240 AED(They told me later that the correct payment of service charge is 5064 AED and 1176 AED can refund)
2- land department title registration fee : 2968 AED
3- Nakheel title registration service fee : 1000 AED
4- Administration service fee : 1000 AED
Total : 10032 AED
Does everybody know when this cluster will be ready and when I receive the keys?
thank you
my email address is : [email protected]

Service Charge - 5302 -
Yes
DEWA Charges - 1000 Yes
TOTAL - 14239AED

H

Howsbuya

Handover

We'll see if the handover works as planned - I have my doubts.
I plan to rent it ou when I do eventually get it.
H
Just to keep you updated - I've been told I can collect the keys within the next few days - charges are the same as others have mentioned. All seems ok. Prices of the properties have risen - average Dhs550,000 for a 1 bedroom and around 420,000 for a studio.
Will keep you updated.
HB

Status
Not open for further replies.