Information Request and Introduction (June 2010)

A

Adam Smith

Hello Property Community,
I just signed up to this site as I was looking for a good community of people who are investors in Turkey. Hopefully you can help me out in my search to build a team around me..

My name is Adam and I will be a first time buyer in Istanbul, Turkey. I currently reside in Atakoy, Istanbul, Turkey. I will be looking for a property somewhere within short driving distance. (Within Istanbul and it's suburbs)
I've been trolling these forums for a few days and I've noticed that most of the posts have been people bringing up dead threads from years ago. I've followed some of the links just to see dead pages, and links that really go nowhere, so I feel justified in making a new thread to get some information.

In any real estate endeavor it's important to build a good team of people around you. I've been researching steadily for a few days building a bookmark list of people that I would like to work with, it remains to be seen if they are good or not, but I'll do my due diligence in checking every one out.

The people I will be bringing into my team will be

* Property Source / Realtor
* Mortgage Broker / Banker
* Property Manager
* Inspector / Appraiser
* Lawyer
and possibly an accountant.

I believe I have found a few good lawyers and mortgage brokers through the internet already, as well as one or two property manager's. I believe what I will be trying to find out from this site, is a realtor that has some experience specifically with investors dealing with properties to rent. I intend to buy some properties that will be turned immediately into positive cash flow.

The magic number that I am looking for is properties that return 10% of the value of the house per annnum in rent. (This is the number that works well in Canada, but I'm open to finding a new 'magic number' if it works in Istanbul. The point is that the property generates a positive passive income)
I'll be checking this thread over the next few weeks as I prepare to come back to Istanbul. (I'm currently working in the oil field in Iraq) and then I'll be checking out all the available properties I've acquired data for.

Does anyone here have any experience with real estate for these purposes in Istanbul?
What areas in Istanbul are currently being developed; ie. infrastructure, new roads, and property developments?

I hope to meet some like minded individuals on this website, and make some good connections!

Cheers,
Adam Smith