Information on Costa Rica Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reece

I've been considering buying property Costa Rica as a second home some time in the future. I would like to know if anyone here knows any first hand experience on Costa Rica. Particularly with real estate because Right now looking into South Pacific and Central areas. Meanwhile Im getting to know all I can about it and plan to do a vacation visit hopefully some time soon. Thanks,
Reece

N

neustria

Dear Reece,

My sister a few years back went to Costa Rica on a holiday. She was experienced in US real estate already as a private investor, and began looking at things down there just as she does, I suppose, almost everywhere she goes. She immediately felt that the potential was so great that she made a property purchase right then and there, and because of the way that she went about the negotiations, actually went into partnership for a time with the broker who had arranged her first deal!!

Now she is independent, has set up her own agency (in partnership this time with her husband) and spends much of her time there, getting her new business up and running. She believes in the potential so much that she insisted that I invest there too (which I have). Her in-laws (brothers to her husband) have followed me in there also, so now most of the extended family has holdings there. I can't speak about Costa Rica from first-hand experience (my sister is looking after my holdings there) but do I know that she would be most glad to share the information that she has with, of course, no obligation at all to you.

Her name is Debbie West, she is located in the Domincal area, and can be reached by telephone at 011-506-787-0237. Since I am not yet an active member I am afraid that I cannot post her email address here, but I can give you her email address (and my own) via the Private Messaging (PM) system on this Forum.

I cannot tell you how much knowledge she has of the country as a whole, but she will certainly be able to give you some good insight into the conditions which are reigning currently in her area.

Let's hope that this will helpful to you.

Yours,
Neustria

J

jvizman

CR is truely Paradise! just take it slow and be sure before you lay out any $$$$! ask for second opinions!!!

B

Bluepacific

I bought a property in the Guanacaste region, north of Tamarindo.It has the best weather in Costa Rica, and some of the best beaches as well. Costa Rica in general present very good value for anyone looking for an investment property.

K

kildare

I am also considering buying in Costa Rica. I have done a huge amount of research on a lot of areas, and feel that there are still many great opportunities throughout the entire country.

J

jvizman

I am also considering buying in Costa Rica. I have done a huge amount of research on a lot of areas, and feel that there are still many great opportunities throughout the entire country.
i feel around lake Arenal is the hiden gem. everyone wants beach beach beach. when truely they would probably be just as happy if not more so on the lake! with its great view. and no hustle! let me know if i can help. i am a RE agent we have properties all over this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.